Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 7:43:59 AM EDT
I am doing some base board right now. I have come to a closet and am not sure how to do it and look good. I could end the cut where the door meets or cut out the profile of the moulding on the door.

So for the pro,which is the better way and will look good

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Pic # 1, miter at the corner bead, square cut at door, just leave 1/8" clearance for the door slabs. You could also notch out the baseboard for the door, so you will cover the small area under the door edge (nitpicky detail).
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If it were me I would not go around the corner with it.  I would hold it about and 1/8" back from the corner and put a return on it.  Similar to the second pic.  Don't straight cut it, return it.  

Or you could add jambs, casing and run the base into the casing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Case the jamb.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#5]
the correct way is to case the door and die the base to the caseing ..........
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Case the jamb.

thenks for the replies.

there is only 3/4 inch betwwen the door and the wall when the door is closed so i think that may rule out casing it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Case the jamb.

thenks for the replies.

there is only 3/4 inch betwwen the door and the wall when the door is closed so i think that may rule out casing it.

I'm not sure if you understood the suggestion. Forgive me if I'm coming across bull-headed or condescending, that is not my intension.

Case mold is the trim profile often found around windows and doors. If you trimmed the closet with a case mold your base mold would naturally terminate on the case.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#8]
use the same shit that goes around your front door and nail it around the hole in the wall were the double slider is than die the base to it
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pic # 1, miter at the corner bead, square cut at door, just leave 1/8" clearance for the door slabs. You could also notch out the baseboard for the door, so you will cover the small area under the door edge (nitpicky detail).

This

faking out the door trim won't work wince the wall is textured.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top