Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2009 5:34:52 PM EDT
have any of you used SplitStop deck screws?  I'm about to rebuild my deck, and they look like they work well.

http://www.splitstop.com/
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they work awesome.  Get the star drive ones.  Square drive sucks.  I use them for Trex decking and PT spindles.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
look like you just get less thread engagement (bigger holes vs regular screws)
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
look like you just get less thread engagement (bigger holes vs regular screws)

They are an excellent product and I have driven in thousands of them.  The thread engagement is just fine.  I am commenting from a lot of expirience here.

I used to use these but I prefer the star drive on the split stops much better.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Get the star drive ones.  Square drive sucks.

Damn, I ordered the square drive ones.  I guess that I'll just have to go slow with them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 12:51:43 AM EDT
[#5]
My Contractor talked me into spending the bucks for them on my new deck last summer, and I'm glad he did..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top