Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2008 5:23:18 PM EDT
Thinking about getting one of their snowblowers and I was wondering if anyone has any luck with their products?
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a toro or an aries much better products, how big is our average snowfall?
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Troy-Built lawnmower thatis about 3 yrs old. No problems. Starts easily, still has lots of power.  I bought it for the model of Briggs&Stratton engine.  It was a good value and has performed well.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:33:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I think id go with toro at this point, depending on the level of snow you get.  Id stay away from ariens, their quality has really gone to shit.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:11:01 AM EDT
[#4]
As far as average snowfall............it varies from year to year in WI.  Last year we almost had 100 inches.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Taz,

spent me 61 years battling Lake Erie's "Lake Effect" snows, blizzards, etc. in Ohio.

years ago Troy-Bilt meant something. their units were built like Sherman Tanks.

No more, they went under, got bought out and now some "cheapo" outfit just uses their name.

Go with a real "pro" unit. You'll never look back.

Look at it this way––would you go to a gunfight with a .22cal single shot chipmunk? Hell no! you'd want the best.

same with blowers––get a damn good one.

Man––you need it up there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top