Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2008 12:43:10 PM EDT
I just picked up a used pressure washer from a online auction that I thought was a good deal. When I got it home (local pickup) I discovered it is missing a few parts. From what I have found on the net the part that is missing is the pump manifold and the hose that connects it to the high pressure hose connection. I found the parts list and have the part number for what it appears I need. I then found the part on ebay. However, I'm new to pressure washers and wanted to run the situation by the gurus on here to make sure I'm on the right track before I go ordering more stuff. Is there anything I should look for with the pump or other parts of the washer before I drop any more cash. Its an Excell 6hp 2300psi washer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the pistons in the pump, they are ceramic, if they are cracked, $$$$, also check the valves and gaskets on both the suction and discharge side,  Drain the oil and look for metal flakes other, those are the key parts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top