Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 1:25:55 PM EDT
I need to illuminate a BBQ grill at the end of my back yard. I would prefer not to have to run power cables underground to provide lighting. Can anyone recommend a good solar powered flood light that would provide adequate illumination to grill by ? About all I can find are crappy little LED-based devices (which are too dim) or motion-sensing security lights (meaning the chef would have to dance as they cook). I only need a couple of hours of light, so brightness is more important than longevity. Any suggestions ?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I need to illuminate a BBQ grill at the end of my back yard. I would prefer not to have to run power cables underground to provide lighting. Can anyone recommend a good solar powered flood light that would provide adequate illumination to grill by ? About all I can find are crappy little LED-based devices (which are too dim) or motion-sensing security lights (meaning the chef would have to dance as they cook). I only need a couple of hours of light, so brightness is more important than longevity. Any suggestions ?

The security lights may be the way to go with this. I had one at my OTG place in the desert and it was BRIGHT! You may wish to augment its battery with an extra motorcycle battery or something, for longer life. And hey... if the cook is a babe, why NOT make her dance?  There is usually a setting for both sensitivity and duration.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top