Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2007 3:12:24 PM EDT
The ice maker in my refrigerator (Kitchen Aid) has overflows when filling.  Does anyone know how to check these out?  How does it signal the solenoid to turn off?
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If its the ones that go in an over under and is the rectangle style. Pop off the front there is a slot around the front cover use a flat head screwdriver. Then you will see a screw with a spring. It will indicate wich way to turn for more or less. Turn the screw a couple of turns to minus direction for less water or smaller cubes.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 5:53:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine does it too with the setting all the way to the - setting.  My water pressure is high and I haven't found a suitable regulator for just the icemaker.  I really don't want to lower the pressure to my house..........

I tried installing a needle valve and closing it almost all the way, but that didn't help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top