Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 8:23:36 AM EDT
I am in the process of replacing my windows. I did one already as a test of my ability. went pretty well.remove the old bronze and put in a vinyl. just need to trim it out.

i got the window at HD. Milgard brand vinyl. i checked at lowes also and the price was exactly the same. they must run the same pricing system. Are there places to get it for less?

Also what can i do with the old windows. can they be recycled? seem to be a waste to send them to the dump.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am in the process of replacing my windows. I did one already as a test of my ability. went pretty well.remove the old bronze and put in a vinyl. just need to trim it out.

i got the window at HD. Milgard brand vinyl. i checked at lowes also and the price was exactly the same. they must run the same pricing system. Are there places to get it for less?

Open up your yellow pages and look under window mfgs.  A lot of the smaller shops will sell you nearly identical windows for much cheaper than Lowes or HD will.  You can even get better quality windows than what HD and Lowes sells.

I sell tons of plastic to the small window shops in this are and in OK, and they all build exceptionally good windows.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Vinyl available in any colors besides white?

Please say yes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah.

Some shops even will do custom colors - but that will incur big charge!

I personally supply White, Brown, and a few other off colors for vinyl windows.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I know milgard makes then in tan also.

Any idea on the old windows?juts trash them?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#5]
you could put them in the paper for free, maybe someone will haul them off for you....
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Open up your yellow pages and look under window mfgs.  A lot of the smaller shops will sell you nearly identical windows for much cheaper than Lowes or HD will.  You can even get better quality windows than what HD and Lowes sells.

I sell tons of plastic to the small window shops in this are and in OK, and they all build exceptionally good windows.

I wish I would have known that...I just assumed the box stores would be cheaper.  I put 11 new windows in a rancher that I had and I couldn't believe how much warmer it stayed.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
you could put them in the paper for free, maybe someone will haul them off for you....

Craigslist, baby.  Get rid of all kinds of stuff for free from there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top