Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2006 12:25:47 AM EDT
I just bought 2 Commission 88 rifles (thanks to another thread) and I want to hang them crossed on my wall. It's drywall and the rifles weigh around 9 pounds each.

How would you do this? I'm not fluent in hardware or drywall strength.

Can it be done?

One will need to sit 1 inch to 2 inches off the wall to sit on top of the other to be crossed. If that's not possible I'll have to just hang them leaning towards each other.

I looked at hooks and stuff at chinamart tonight because I was there, but haven't checked the Depot yet. Any recomendations on what type of hardware to look for?

Guns on wall pics are welcome. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some ideas.  Are you wanting to hang them vertically or horizontally?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a wall board expanding anchor with 1/4-20 thread.  I set the anchor where the barrel will be.  I bend a 1/4-20 bolt 90 degrees and install heat shrink.  This inserts in the barrel and if done properly, hides the anchor.

I next use a metal strap covered with heat shrink and bend it to go around the grip area of the rifle and it also attaches to a 1/4-20 anchor, which is hidden by the rifle stock.

A ST. Louis Hawken and a Kentucky rifle are easily supported by this method.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I use a wall board expanding anchor with 1/4-20 thread.  I set the anchor where the barrel will be.  I bend a 1/4-20 bolt 90 degrees and install heat shrink.  This inserts in the barrel and if done properly, hides the anchor.

I next use a metal strap covered with heat shrink and bend it to go around the grip area of the rifle and it also attaches to a 1/4-20 anchor, which is hidden by the rifle stock.

A ST. Louis Hawken and a Kentucky rifle are easily supported by this method.  

Pictures man.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought about mounting these crossed, but one would have the lockwork hidden.

(I have shot both of these, so functional wall hangers)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top