Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2021 4:33:19 PM EDT
Our offer on a new construction home was just accepted! The home has an unfinished basement, and I'm planning to do a lot of the finishing myself.  

I'm planning to get some kind of design software to cleanly plan out the layout and everything else that comes with it.  I've seen a few products available, such as Home Designer Suite 2021 and Virtual Architect.  I really like the ability to see 3D images of the space.  We'll also need to do landscaping at some point, so bonus points for a program with that capability as well.  

Any recommendations on software?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Home Designer (any)
The $100 will do what you need.

It's IMO the best software that isn't on an expensive monthly basis.
Honestly, I think Chief Architect (the group that makes Home Designer) has the best software period.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Home Designer (any)
The $100 will do what you need.

It's IMO the best software that isn't on an expensive monthly basis.
Honestly, I think Chief Architect (the group that makes Home Designer) has the best software period.
View Quote

I completely agree.
<——- general contractor using chief architect but started out on the cheapest home designer and upgraded through the years.
The nice thing about chief is if you buy the $100 software and decide you need the $200 version , you can trade it for full credit and just pay the difference during the current version. When a new version is rolled out the credit drops some.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome. Thanks, guys!  That helps a lot.  Looking forward to getting started.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top