Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 7:14:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been through many locksets and then I found Baldwins, they are not cheap and they are very good.
They just feel like a million bucks when you turn them.
They are guaranteed for life, if something happens you just snap a pic of it and send it to them and they send you another one.

I think I got mine at HD but Amazon has them or you can get them direct.
Baldwin locksets
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You wont find the better quality ones you're talking about at Home Depot.  Medeco is a great place to start.  Order them online.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
medco
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
medco
View Quote
Those are good. Bump proof (spring loaded pins ) commercial Schlage is good. I run a dimple key lock on the door from the garage to inside house
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Sargent, Schlage commercial line, Russwin, Corbin, or for  $$$$$$$$ fo with BEST locks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been through many locksets and then I found Baldwins, they are not cheap and they are very good.
They just feel like a million bucks when you turn them.
They are guaranteed for life, if something happens you just snap a pic of it and send it to them and they send you another one.

I think I got mine at HD but Amazon has them or you can get them direct.
Baldwin locksets
View Quote
Baldwin locks are solid... but a lot of Baldwin doorknob models still don't auto-unlock when you open them from the thumbturn/inside side, and will lock you out. DAMHIKT on a second floor screen porch.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Above suggestions are good.

You're a bit late if someone had a key the previous owner forgot about.

When we purchased our house I rekeyed my locks the same day we moved in with a kit from Home Depot.  

I know someone who had identity theft hell for 10 years because a previous tenant had a key to their house and mailbox.

Take the time to also replace any door screws with longer ones and consider a strike plate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top