Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 10:40:26 AM EDT
I bought this for $15 at a flea market.  

I took it apart and brushed it down.  Operates perfectly when lighting manually.

However, the piezo will not ignite the lantern.
It's been discontinued so no replacement parts available when I called Coleman.

The gap between the electrode and flat bar is perfect at 1/8" (per manual).

The electrode and piezo are combined, and I took it out, held onto the piezo, and hit it and it gave me a mild shock.

Anything I'm missing here?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Close the gap down 
Might have a loss of continuity somewhere along the line, clean any contact points inside of igniter mechanism, that you can
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#2]
If I test the electrode (ohm it out) will that tell me if the electrode is good?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok I moved the electrode around and the flat bar and got a spark to jump and actually lit it three times.

This requires a lot of mojo and timing.  The third time I allowed too much propane to build up and singed my hair off my hand.

I'll just light it with a lighter
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes a 3 dollar extended lighter is better than trying to fix something ha ha
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top