Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2016 6:06:34 PM EDT
Anyone else use ‘Easy-Off’ oven cleaner on their saw blades?

If not, give it a quick try on those ‘worn/dull’ carbide tipped blades.  Just finished up ‘phase 3’ of my deck; ripping, dado’s and cross cut’s. Overall there is much board foot to remember. The blades are still cutting like new even though they are close to 10 years old and have seen many projects.

Set the blades outside, spray both side of the blade and let them set, hose them off then dry. Repeat as necessary.  Good as new.  It removes the pine tar and that gooey pressure treated stuff  that clogs the blade edges.  Beats another $40-$60 for a new blade
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Had a friend suggest it several years ago.  I was like but it works.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had a friend suggest it several years ago.  I was like but it works.
View Quote

Cool!    I worked in tool and die for several years.  Carbide tips always beat hardened tool steel, so what is wood going to do outside of gum up the works.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I'll have to try that. Unless this is a prank, in which case, I did not.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, I'll have to try that. Unless this is a prank, in which case, I did not.
View Quote

Give it a shot on your worn out blade, whatcha got to loose, going in the garbage/recycling anyway!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
They lye and the detergent clean things up well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top