Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2015 11:10:29 AM EDT
We're having PergoXP laminate installed today and we're being told they need to put transitions at each of the bedroom thresholds.  Does this sound right?  It was my understanding that it could be laid as a continuous floating floor.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to their web site and download the Pergo Installation Instructions.  Do what it says.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I ran mine without transitions and haven't had any problems.  It will probably depend on the length of run on whether or not it can be done.  Like Trollslayer said, if you check their website it will tell you.  Transitions are easier, but they don't look as good.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
After I posted this, I looked at their install instructions and it was any doorway less than 48" must have a transition.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Transitions are easier, but they don't look as good.
View Quote

I don't necessarily mind the transitions where I actually have a door, but where the living room flows into the hallway I think

that it'll look bad.  I guess if we want a warranty with the floor we don't have much choice, although I'm not too worried

about expansion and contraction as we stay very very dry in this part of Texas for 90% of the year.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
They might be able to word the contract to absolve them from any issues if you want a continuous run from living room to hallway.  That way the rest of the floor would have a warranty, and you would be taking a chance in that spot.  My doors are 32", floor installed 4 yrs ago, no problems.   With that said, there's no easy fix if a problem does occur.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top