Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 1:34:37 PM EDT
My current one is dry rotted and needs replaced.
I bought just the plastic ouside piece that is louvered without paying attention that the old one is more of a hood with a flap insde.
Anyway, would it be best to go back to the hooded kind to keep out rain and for cleaning?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
I found out that the old vent is one piece, so I may take the cover back and get one that has the pie and all.
Oh, anyone know about those Deflecto Ultra Seal canister type vents?
From what I read, they let less air in from outside.
True?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a louvered kind when I bought the house and in short order found that 2 of the 3 louvers would stick open during the winter letting small rodents in.

I replaced it with a flapper kind the following spring.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:44:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This.  You can paint it to match your house.  It is very, very good at preventing drafts.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.  You can paint it to match your house.  It is very, very good at preventing drafts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Local Ace has the Deflecto brand for $26.
I have aluminum siding, so does it screw to the outside, or do I need to cut the siding and slide it under?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I replaced mine when my house got resided with vinyl.  I have it mounted on a block with a j-channel trim kit around it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top