Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2015 11:37:13 AM EDT
Going to repost this from colorodok5.com to see if any of you arfcommers know, i seem to get better responses here tbh...

I am desperately trying to come up with as factory of a rear seatbelt setup as I can get. I found an ebay auction for rear seatbelts listed to fit, jimmy, blazer and suburbans. They are 3 point and retractable. I have 2 kids and one on the way and thought 3 point would be good for car seats etc. Anyhow... I cannot for the life of me conceive of a way these would mount in my truck. The seller told me they believe they came out of a suburban. I messaged them saying they dont seem to fit my truck and requested a refund. They messaged me saying the following:

"these units mount on the rear quarter panel in back of the wheel well. The slip bracket mounts above the rear side window and the bolt end to the floor by the seat. This is used on Blazers, Jimmys and Suburbans. "

Ive got nothing that these would mount to in the rear quarter panel of my truck. There are no bolts or holes for a bolt to go (aside from where the factory spare tire carrier would go.) I also have no interior panels in the back but I would presume you couldnt just bolt the retractable section to plastic/molded interior panels. Right?
Im guessing these mount up similar to how the front seat belts mount? Ive looked everywhere for an interior picture and I cant find anything out there. Surely to goodness someone here knows if they will indeed work or not.

Here is the auction

This is the only picture i could find online of how these might mount in a suburban.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you willing to cut and weld or are you looking for bolt in?

You should also try posting in your model year's section on 67-72chevytrucks.com
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I want to bolt in. If I can get my money back out of these im just going to buy some 2 points one to floor (reinforced hole there for seatbelts) the other to seat like it is now.
I guess what im wondering is if they will work and are meant to fit this vehicle then ill have to find out how, if it isnt then im going to push for my cash back.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
based on some pics someone on colorodok5 found the blazers used one bolt for the retractable point and another point for the slip section the belt goes through then to the floor mount. the part i bought requires two bolts to hold the retractable section to the top so it aint gonna work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top