Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2015 6:39:11 PM EDT
I have acidic well water so I had this tank placed to eliminate that problem.
The medium must be depleted as my tubs are getting blue again.
What type of medium (Crushed lime stone?) does this set up use and where to source?
The local well companies seem to have better things to do than take my money.
I have exhausted all avenues locally. If I remember correctly I only need about two square feet on medium.
Thanks.
ETA: Please turn your monitor 180 degrees clockwise to view....
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
do you have a part number on there looks like there could be one on the supply inlet or the white tag near the bottom

the stuff we use is called Calcite but it is just crushed and screened white marble limestone
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That stuff is not cheap....
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to replenish my neutralizer with the stuff from Sears.  They sold it in round, plastic containers, of about two or three pounds.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I buy calcite up here by the 1/2 cubic foot box. So yes, you'd probably need 3 or 4 of those.
Instead of just topping off the tank, why not flip it upside down and rinse up into the tank with a water hose,
You might find some nasty gunk in there.
We have plumbing & well pump wholesalers who stock it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#5]
There are sellers on Amazon that sell calcite for about $50 per .5 bag.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#6]
We've got acidic water as well.  We have a tank about the size of yours, but inside the house.  The "max fill" line is about 3/4 to the top, the "min fill" line is about 1/2 way.  I get a 40lb bag of Calcite here in MD for about $16.  Plumbing is rather easy, you might want to think about buying a translucent tank and installing it inside the house as well.  Plumb the tank in after your water pressure tank.  My tank has a gizmo on top that "flushes" the tank each evening at a preset time.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I found a helpful well place a couple towns over who educated me and set me up with everything for $85.
The tank was actually installed backwards as he guessed when I told him who installed it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top