Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2014 4:32:19 AM EDT
I've been looking at these, but apparently, they don't sell to home owners, just businesses, and there's no business in my area that has contacts with them. We've got a really weird pan in the shower, that is apparently wildly expensive to buy, and none of the off-the-shelf floor replacement kits will fit. I was thinking of buying two of the sheets of plastic and cutting them to fit, but my wife had a fit when I suggested it, for some reason.
Regardless, I'm trying to get around having to buy the expensive pan, then pull the shower apart to get replace it.

Any ideas from you guys on what else I can try? Or if you may know of an alternative place that could make the floor piece? Or maybe have a contact that might be willing to intercede with the company? (I would, of course, be willing to pay them for the trouble.)
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:24:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Could you order it through Lowes and have it delivered to your house?

Other than that my only other suggestion would be to pull out what you have and instead of using a plastic pan use concrete and never have to replace it again.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
NAPC does not sell to homeowners direct, you are correct!

But they do sell to Lowes and you can buy from them!

http://nutub.com/how-to-purchase/
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NAPC does not sell to homeowners direct, you are correct!

But they do sell to Lowes and you can buy from them!

http://nutub.com/how-to-purchase/
View Quote

There are several companies that make those. All it is a White Kydex sheet cut to fit and an adhesive similar to Plastic Welder to make it stick.

I used to repair cracked bathtubs ( manufacturers repair for Kohler, Jacuzzi, Aquaglass etc)   and they work OK.  You really need to get all movement out of you shower pan before installing the panel, otherwise it will eventually fail

If you can post or send me a pic of your shower pan I can tell you the best way to repair it and where to get the stuff.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Plumbing Contractor here.

Contact a local countertop shop that does "cultured marble" vanity - lavatory tops in your area. They can make a custom sized shower base with the drain opening wherever you need it. They can also do the shower walls if needed.

Here's an example: http://www.marylandmarble.com/Pans.htm

You could also do a poured concrete or tile shower floor/base also.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Contact a local countertop shop that does "cultured marble" vanity - lavatory tops in your area. They can make a custom sized shower base with the drain opening wherever you need it. They can also do the shower walls if needed.

View Quote

What is a typical cost for a cultured marble shower pan, perhaps in a 3'X3' size?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What is a typical cost for a cultured marble shower pan, perhaps in a 3'X3' size?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A simple white one here in South Dakota would run about $250-$300. With custom sizes / colors / textures, it goes up fast.

If it's standard size shower pan you need like a 36x36 or 32X48, check your local home centers (Home Depot / Lowes / Menards) for fiberglass pans like a Sterling brand. Sometimes you can find a clearance pan for cheap.

If your existing pan is fiberglass, a local fiberglass tub/shower repair company should be able to fix it. If you can't find one, call a local plumber or plumbing wholesaler and they can refer you to a good company.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top