Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2014 4:56:03 PM EDT
I'm having trouble with one burner in my gas cooktop.  There are 3 other burners that are just fine.  The fourth burner will not burn as high as the other three.

I've cleaned out the burner and checked the supply tube to the burner and everything is clear.

Do valves go bad?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes they do, I just had one die and am waiting for a replacement to arrive.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the burner just for simmering? We have a gas stove and one burner has a different hole pattern on it, it is just for simmering. no matter how high you turn the nob it will only put out so much gas.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the burner just for simmering? We have a gas stove and one burner has a different hole pattern on it, it is just for simmering. no matter how high you turn the nob it will only put out so much gas.
View Quote

No.  All of the burners are the same on this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top