Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 12:04:50 PM EDT
I have an Amana LGA30AW gas dryer that is running too long for some reason.  If I let it run through its normal dry cycle, it will run for 2 hours and then some.

It is not a heating problem.  If I take the clothes out after an hour, the clothes will be toasty and dry, but the dial will show it as only being halfway through its regular dry cycle.  
Neither the lint trap or venting is blocked.  Hell, so much warm air exhausts out the vent that on a cold day like today, I could sit outside in front of the vent and stay toasty warm.

Is there something else that I need to look at, or is it a timer issue?  I looked over the diagrams at the AppliancePartsPros website, but can't find another part that might affect the drying time.

I'd rather it work properly, but if I have to set a manual timer for an hour, rather than spend $144 bucks on a replacement timer, I can learn to live with that.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
See if you can find the service manual.

The dryer might have a testing mode you can use to get in and see if something is wonky.

Though, it is probably the moisture sensor or logic board.

By "Dial" you mean a thing like an old egg timer?  Or "dial" as in "select type of drying to do"?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

By "Dial" you mean a thing like an old egg timer?  Or "dial" as in "select type of drying to do"?

View Quote

Dial, as in select type of drying to do.  In my case, the Automatic Regular/Delicate cycle.  No logic board or electronic displays.  Just a few dials to turn for adjusting settings.

In the AppliancePartsPro diagrams, there are some items shown for which they have no description for.   Looking through the parts list on RepairClinic.com, there appears to be what's called a cycling thermostat, that looks similar to one of the unnamed parts in the APP diagrams.  But from all that I've read, this appears to be more of a culprit for no heat or low heat issues, rather than a regular heat, long run time issue.  I've looked through the diagrams, and don't see a moisture sensor listed anywhere for my model.

I'm happy that it's working at all, but it would be nice to have it working properly.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it possible that there is a problem with the connection from the thermostat that is not advancing the timer?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top