Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2011 9:22:01 AM EDT
We're closing on a nice house this Friday. The previous owner installed a pellet stove in a somewhat odd location. I'd like to move it where it sits directly in front of the fireplace. The fireplace is no longer in use and has been closed up. Ideally the exhaust pipe would exist the pellet stove and go straight outside, passing through the chimney. I have no experience really doing anything much like this. Cutting through the brick chimney scares the hell out of me. My wife is insisting this be done right away, and I sure would look like a hero if I could pull it off without hiring someone.

The boss
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:31:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Any chance you could go beside the chimney?  Maybe go through the side of the fireplace firebox and then out?
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:27:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#3]
good luck.

going thru old brick maybe an issue.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's in the corner and you want to put it in FRONT of the fireplace?  

Do you really mean it's NOW in an "odd location"––or did you mean you want to put it in an odd location?  

The problem with the current location is that it really limits where we can put furniture. We thought since we won't be putting a couch or chair directly in front of the fireplace it would make a good spot, and then we could stick a chair in the corner. I'm beginning to rethink this now after a few of the responses I've gotten. Leaning towards just removing it and selling it. I'm off to see how much these things sell for used.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top