Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2011 5:10:30 AM EDT
I just installed a 50 gallon gas hot water tank last night and today I wake up to find NO hot water at all. The tank is full and the water inside is hot, but I actually removed the hot water side completely (hose and nipple) and NOTHING comes out of it. With the water on and the tank completely full no water comes out from the very top of the tank.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
is the cold water on?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:20:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have the cold water inlet valve turned on to give it pressure?

-Foxxz

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:28:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes plenty of cold water pressure just nothing coming out the other side.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Check for obstruction on hot water side?
Were you getting hot water before you went to bed or did you just tighten everything up and call it a night?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you remove the plastic plugs from the inlet and outlet nipples before you made your connections?

The last WH I changed had plugs in the nipples, to keep dirt out

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did you remove the plastic plugs from the inlet and outlet nipples before you made your connections?

The last WH I changed had plugs in the nipples, to keep dirt out

This
or
You have a nice chunk of debris blocking the pipe.
City water or well?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]
It ended up being a defective tank. I removed the nipple and everything and you could not see down into the tank. There was metal obstructing the tank completely. I was able to poke through it with a screw driver, but went ahead and returned it anyways. It looked as if it could have been solder or something. I always buy the 1 in a million defect...
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:22:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I always buy the 1 in a million defect...

Don't feel that bad, me too.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I always buy the 1 in a million defect...

Don't feel that bad, me too.

Me three

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top