Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2011 12:39:54 PM EDT
Pulled and pulled on this little POS and it won't start. It's only two years old or so. It started once i dumped gas down the throat of the carb. I pulled the carb apart and looked it over, looked clean inside. When i do get it started, it'll rev up but then starts to die. if i put it on choke it'll try to stay running. It's as if it's not pulling enough gas through the carb?

Where should i start looking in the carb? Needle & seat setting?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Ethanol = f'd up carb diaphram.

Rebuild carb. You might need that new EPA tool to adjust it. Or, use a dremmel and make the screws flat heads!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The diaphragm didn't seem bad?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The fuel filter first.Then check your exhaust screen[spark arrester]If its carboned up it will give you sluggish performance.Next would be diaphram[fuel pump]If it sags its shot!Fuel,spark or air to run so its just eliminating one at a time.Stabil in your fuel saves headaches in the spring from sitting and creating varnish in your carb.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I pulled the spark arrestor screen out of the muffler last year
Same performance with no fuel filter attached
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
i think something internally is clogged in the carb, when i press the primer i don't see any fuel squirt out of the main jet?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
i dumped fuel in the carb throat, it'll run and idle if you hold it sideways (throat facing up). it seemed to want to die if you held it normally. I cleaned all of the carb out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#7]
same thing happened to mine, the fuel pick up tube in the tank was cracked and sucking air. replaced it and no problems. mine was about 5 years old when it did it.

J-
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:44:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Last year the fuel lines on mine rotted just inside the tank.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#10]
same here. was one year old. fuel lines cracked all over. I called my local shop, and he said "oh yeah, you got the bad fuel lines, lots of issues with that". Sold me some new 4$ fuel lines and its been all good. Evidentally the original lines in some were prone to hardeneing/cracking. Good thing i figured it out, becuase i pulled on that damn thing for an hour and was about to slam it on the concrete! LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top