Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 12:54:47 AM EDT
Phase 1 starts tomorrow.. ceiling fixture removal, popcorn ceiling removal, carpet removal.  Trash is already piled for bagging.

Was a rental, animals and lack of doing any sort of up keep and tenants who live in their own filth is what has trashed the place.. I am redoing the inside first, then outside.

not me..agent during viewing

It is not a big house, but it is very open in the main rooms.  the garage is HUGE.. its like 600sqft itself!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:08:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Excellent!

Pics of progress required!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice project.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like it'll need a bit of elbow grease, but I can't wait to see the pictures of the house as you progress!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]
How long did your short sale take? I am two months into one now and I hope to close before the snow.  Keep us updated with pictures.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How long did your short sale take? I am two months into one now and I hope to close before the snow.  Keep us updated with pictures.

Got lucky.. it already had an approved offer by a buyer that backed out. So we just offered that ammount.  The re approval took about 2 weeks, only because the person that did it was on vacation.  So it was not your typical offer and wait shortsale.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck with your new place!

Good to see others around here using sketchup. Glad i'm not the only one
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck, if you get it down to the studs I'd put insulation in the walls between the bedrooms.
And run some coax and eithernet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Did it come with the pool table and pinball machine?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Very cool, I am in the hunt, but keep coming up short.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Who would live like that?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Find anything cool left behind?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who would live like that?

I'm an outside tech for the phone comp, you'd be amazed how some live. I've refused to go into a customers house, called the sup, and got chewwed, told him to get out here. He appologized(sp) after showing up. I walked into houses that you can smell and eyes water from the stench from 15-20ft away, some with so much shit/whatever that you're walking on a packed layer of it. It's amazing. I now keep an exra change of work clothes in the truck, just for this. I sometimes feel I need to go home SCRUB, and burn my clothes.

Good luck with the remod.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#14]
So far so good.. there is a settling crack on the family room foundation.  either crack epoxy, or some minor slab jacking depending on some second opinions.  I want to do it right, and for good, not a temp fix.

I have found nothing I want to keep except a nice pushmower with basket, looks like its never been used.. go figure.  few shots of some chain lube in the right spots and some grease here and there, and it will be good to sell!

I will put some before and after pics up later tonight.  by tonight I will have it completely popcorn free, and carpet free!!!

here is a teaser from wednesday eve when I actually started to work on it... this is the same room as in the original post.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top