Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2010 12:07:31 PM EDT
Anyone have a reason why I shouldn't get vinyl impact energy efficient replacement windows? The only way I can get the $1,500 energy credit here is to get vinyl. Some salesman are saying Florida is too hot for vinyl but manufactures sell vinyl impact windows that are approved by local codes. The aluminum they want to sell are not energy efficient and I would like the yearly electrical saving I'd get from vinyl.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Not all vinyl windows are up to the same standards.

Look for window builders that use Veka plastic profiles for their windows.  Their proprietary PVC formulation is some of the best I've seen and will last so much longer, and the company has been in business for 50+ years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top