Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2010 8:23:44 AM EDT
I don't know if this show has been brought up, but I started watching it on streamed netflix last week and I love it.

It is kind of cheesy, but if you are a nerd you'll like it.

I call it a mix of Lord of the Rings and the Matrix.
Link Posted: 2/11/2010 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#1]
My Wife loves the Seeker show, along with The Vampire Diaries.  I'm not big on the plot of either series, but the female visuals are pretty darned good.  Particularly in the Seeker show, thanks to an abundance of skin-tight pleather!  

Ah, how I miss those mystical medieval days.....
Link Posted: 2/11/2010 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#2]
A true perverts dream! Much cleavage, loose fitting bodaces, and women bending over showing off their ta-ta's. One of the most perfect man shows...
Link Posted: 2/11/2010 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife and daughter love it, so I've been watching it.  Season one was pretty good.  Season two is weaker on the story line, but still just as heavy on the cleavage.
Link Posted: 2/11/2010 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Sam Raimi became interested in adapting The Sword of Truth novels after his business partner Joshua Donen encouraged him to read the books, and he in turn gave the books to Robert Tapert to read.[9] Raimi considered adapting the first book into a movie or a five-part miniseries, but later settled on making a weekly television series after speaking to the books' author Terry Goodkind. A weekly television program would allow them to include most of the stories and important aspects of the series. Goodkind had resisted selling the rights of his books on multiple occasions before he met Raimi because he was not confident that other producers would maintain the integrity of his stories and characters.[10] Raimi, who had produced Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess with Tapert and Ned Nalle, saw this as an opportunity to return to the first-run syndicated television business. However, the syndicated television business had diminished after the loss of crucial foreign markets.[11]

Link Posted: 2/13/2010 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Bridget Regan is super hot
Link Posted: 2/14/2010 2:50:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Read the Sword of Truth novels.  Way better than the show, with the exception of the bewbies....
Link Posted: 2/14/2010 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Read the Sword of Truth novels.  Way better than the show, with the exception of the bewbies....

I looked up the description of the first one on amazon:
The protective barrier that separates Westland from its neighbors to the east is about to fall, letting loose a monstrous evil upon the world. Only the combined efforts of a young man dedicated to finding the truth, an enigmatic woman intent on concealing her past, and a crusty old hermit resigned to his inevitable destiny can prevent the opening of the three boxes of Orden-an event with the potential to destroy existence itself. The inclusion of graphic scenes of sado-eroticism, though integral to the story, may deter purchase by some libraries. Nevertheless, this first novel offers an intriguing variant on the standard fantasy quest. The richly detailed world and complex characters will appeal to mature fantasy aficionados.
Copyright 1994 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Link Posted: 2/14/2010 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#8]
The Seeker needs to talk the Mother Confessor and the Mordsith into a 3-way.
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#9]
yeah in the second book they have a scene where some demon rapes this girl.  its relly graphic and relly fucked up.

Quoted:

Quoted:

The protective barrier that separates Westland from its neighbors to the east is about to fall, letting loose a monstrous evil upon the world. Only the combined efforts of a young man dedicated to finding the truth, an enigmatic woman intent on concealing her past, and a crusty old hermit resigned to his inevitable destiny can prevent the opening of the three boxes of Orden-an event with the potential to destroy existence itself. The inclusion of graphic scenes of sado-eroticism, though integral to the story, may deter purchase by some libraries. Nevertheless, this first novel offers an intriguing variant on the standard fantasy quest. The richly detailed world and complex characters will appeal to mature fantasy aficionados.

Link Posted: 2/16/2010 6:46:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I agree. I tried watching the first episode, but having read the book, I was constantly
saying "That didn't happen" and similar things. The book is used as a basis and they take
LOTS of liberties with the story.
There was no battle at the border and  the Book of Counted Shadows was NOT thrown into the
fire to prevent capture. (Richard memorized it and then it was destroyed)

What is good about the book(s) makes it impossible for a decent movie or series to be made from it.
It is complicated, with multiple plotlines, and multiple meanings to "Prophecy." Most of the time there is
only one meaning to a prophecy in a fantasy book. He rejects that notion, and has expanded on the theme
that the "Prophecy" shapes and defines the event, and must therefore be able to express ALL
possible outcomes. To do this the "Prophecy" must contain all possible meanings. Many times one phrase
means several things depending on the exact situation. The downside is that you must actually work at
reading it. If you don't it becomes a confusing story.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bridget Regan is super hot

Her all leather outfit for this season doesn't hurt either.  (Insert drooling smiley here.)

And I'm not so much on the 3 way, but a 2 way between Cara and Kahlan would be great!
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

yeah in the second book they have a scene where some demon rapes this girl.  its relly graphic and relly fucked up.

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, every main female character is raped in his books, I told my friends its a good series if you can get over the copious amounts of rape. The series I cant watch maybe if it goes on into the later books but the ones I've seen just gloss over huge plot points(like the whole Denna ordeal, apparently they never fell in love and how Richard learned one of the secrets of the SoT and killed her) and go back to the campy Xena shit.

although he worse then Battlestar Galactica copped out with the ending.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top