Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2009 5:05:37 PM EDT
Wow... this is on Verizon on Demand (for free thank God).

I'm probably no more than 20-25 minutes or into it and it's already full of mass stupidity.

The whole magnetic gunpowder thing... ridiculous.

The warehouse being Area 51... kind of funny... but still ridiculous. Typical George Lucas crap trying to fill in a gap that didn't need to be filled.

Happens to be there the day the atomic bomb is being tested... come on, really?

Did you see that refrigerator get launched and flipped and banged and... again... really?

Lead lined fridge? I don't know

Like I said... glad I didn't pay for this.

Could someone pleas tell George Lucas to stop making movies.

Link Posted: 9/4/2009 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]

about a year late bro. but I agree

Link Posted: 9/4/2009 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

about a year late bro. but I agree

Yeah I know... but I felt it needed to be said again... it's that bad.

Link Posted: 9/4/2009 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't get any better (unbelievably, it get much worse than you could ever imagine). Turn that shit off now and thank me for the time you would have wasted.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#4]
thats hollywood for you, only the impossible and shit that dont work in reality happens in the movies.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't hate it as much as most people, but I do agree it is pretty bad.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 5:22:50 AM EDT
[#6]
How realistic is Raiders of the Lost Ark? I mean, we all love that movie but toward the end, when he lashes himself to the periscope of the submarine and travels all across the Atlantic ocean, how realistic was that?

Or in Temple of Doom when he jumps out of a plane with 2 passengers on an inflatable life raft...? When he cuts the rope bridge in half - do you really think they wouldn't be turned into pudding by that fall?

Not defending it... Just encouraging you to enjoy it for what it is. A completely unrealistic movie series.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Those were all very realistic. I've made all of that part of my daily routine.

Link Posted: 9/5/2009 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How realistic is Raiders of the Lost Ark? I mean, we all love that movie but toward the end, when he lashes himself to the periscope of the submarine and travels all across the Atlantic ocean, how realistic was that?

Or in Temple of Doom when he jumps out of a plane with 2 passengers on an inflatable life raft...? When he cuts the rope bridge in half - do you really think they wouldn't be turned into pudding by that fall?

Not defending it... Just encouraging you to enjoy it for what it is. A completely unrealistic movie series.

I get it. I always have. I try to watch movies as the director intended them.
What bothers me about kingdom of the crystal skull was that it feels like they weren't really trying.

I can forgive the magnetic thing. Magnetic was the wrong choice of words, but lets throw that out. What bugs me is that the scene doesn't make sense. They should've thrown it out. Was it really even necessary?
Here's why it bugs me. Through whatever force, the skull attracts gunpowder, and lead, all the way through the warehouse. They find the crate, and everything is fine, until they open it, then and only then does it pull at the dog tags. It can attract little tiny bits of powder through the air, but has no effect on metal dogtags until they open it? Who thought this shit up?

It would have been simple enough to say that the Russians knew there was an object, but that they didn't know what it looked like. That would have been reason enough to need Jones to help them.

Lucas lets the effects drive the scene, instead of the other way around, and that's why his recent movies have been so bad.

The best scenes in my favorite Lucas Films have nothing at all to do with special effects.
Raiders of the Lost Arc, when he confronts Belloc with the RPG, and Belloc makes his speech.
And Empire Strikes back, any scene with Han and Leia.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What bothers me about kingdom of the crystal skull was that it feels like they weren't really trying.

That's the feeling I got as well. I have no problem with suspension of disbelief and lettng myself get into any of the other movies, even during the WTF moments (though the parachute/raft in Temple was pushing it). This last one? I couldn't let myself get lost in it at all.

Lucas lets the effects drive the scene, instead of the other way around, and that's why his recent movies have been so bad.

Another thing that bugs me about it is that when production first started, they were saying that they were going "old school" with the stunts and effects, little CGI at all.

What did we get? A CGI crapfest.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#10]
YEah, it was very contrived and forced. They should have done a new Indie movie over about 15 years ago. It's almost pathetic how old Ford is.

Plus it was the same without John Rhys-Davies. Yeah, he wasn't in Temple of Doom... but that movie sucked as well.

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I never saw it...I could tell it was going to be a 2 hour rape scene just from the trailer.

As time has gone on and I've gotten older, I've learned to ignore anything past "Raiders," which would be in my top ten favorites ever!

Temple of Doom? No thanks.

Last Crusade? No, Sean couldn't save it. The film suffered from bad editing or something...the film doesn't flow well at all.

Turning Marcus Brody & Sallah into bumbling clowns was an insult to the characters and the actors playing them.

Agreed, George needs to stop.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 5:33:57 AM EDT
[#15]
^^^^^^^^
This, they raped Indy
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#16]
How did you like the jungle Tarzan scene? I nearly walked out. Or how about the ending?

They're obviously setting things up for the possibility of sequels with his kid. Those might be tolerable if Spielberg will bury Lucas in the Tomb of the Lost Souls and seal it up for all eternity.

In general George Lucas can't make a good movie to save his life. I have alot more respect for Spielberg's abilities, except that he keeps hanging around with Lucas

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I walked out of the movie in the beginning.  The southpark episode says it pretty much for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Hands down worst Indy movie.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Remember when that guy drinks from the grail and melts?

I've seen it happen.

Its realistic.  

Just like everything in every Jones movie.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Remember when that guy drinks from the grail and melts?

I've seen it happen.

Its realistic.  

Just like everything in every Jones movie.

That's how I see it.

I didn't really think that anything in the new one was any more outlandish than anything in the previous movies.  While I can definitely see where the Southpark guys are coming from, I did enjoy the movie.  I liked it about as much as Temple.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top