Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 6:08:11 AM EDT
I currently have a Sony receiver that is on the fritz, and since I only spent about $300 on it almost 10 years ago, it doesn't owe me any favors.

Anyway, I don't have any real major requirements for the replacement. Basically, I am looking for something with 3 (or more) HDMI-in interfaces, 1 HDMI out, along with 3 (or more) optical audio inputs. Beyond that, pretty much everything else is negotiable.

My speaker system is currently 5.1, and I dn't have any issue with going to 7.1. Any suggestions what to replace the Sony with? Budget is under $1000.

TIA,

-Greg
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Onkyo TX-SR805. 7.1 Dolby, THX, and upscales regular DVD's to 1080i. About $850 at Circuit City. I luvs mine.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]
the 805 is nice i think amazon has it for around 650

they also have the 875 which upconverts to 1080p

i have a denon 2808 which is a freaking awesome reciever, it does 1080p upconvert on analong sources, and outputs everything through the hdmi interface. it won't upconvert hdmi sources though.
the denon runs around a 1000
heard good things about some of the yamahas and the sony's in the 800 dollar range, not sure on model numbers thoug
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top