Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2008 2:15:47 AM EDT
** Spoilers Below**

Ahh were to start on this one.  My God these caracters are stupid.  100 minutes of Liv Tylers face, Liv Tyler crawling in the grass, Liv Tyler running into various glass objects around the house.  

I read some good reviews on this saying this was old school, creep you out horror but it wasnt.  The white masks are scary the first couple of times and had great potential but they just ruined it.  They just walk around doing nothing.  They are just three people, ones a 14 year old girl and a mom.  And yet Liv and her guy get their asses kicked and outsmarted repetedly.  

Gun handling in this movie is pretty bad.  Boyfriends dad has a shotgun in pieces, shells are hidden remotley in another room in a shoebox, no target identification of course and he blows away his friend.  No fighting, no plan, no defending the house, splitting up, no makeshift weapons, nothing cool.  

Everything going for them for defending a place for a night and they end up tied to a chair getting stabbed by said 14 year old girl.  Good camera work and scary bad guys but it was just wasted.      
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 2:41:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I've always wanted to see "Horror movies staring ARFCOMERS"

The protagonist would either die while selecting which gun to use (Picture the moment. The man jumps out of bed in the middle of the night, dashes to his gun safe... while he plays "Ennie Meanie Minnie Mo" we see the killer stalking him in the reflection of his polished Mossburg 590 Mariner)

OR

The movie would last approximately three seconds. "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH ME! YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY... of fuck it. BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG <RELOAD>"
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 2:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that would make a short movie.  But this was on the other extreme, fudd gun in pieces and loose cartriges in a shoebox burried.  If youre going to feature a gun in a movie then use it someway cool and such.  Or leave the guns out of it and let them come up with improvised solutions.  

Either way.. cmon its your life here, put forth some effort and smarts thatll make the movie interesting and more entertaining.  Especially when you have good 2 on 3 odds.  3 on 3 if you dont shoot your best friend.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 5:33:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You did have Burt and Heather in Tremors.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:05:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No fighting, no plan, no defending the house, splitting up, no makeshift weapons, nothing  

Link Posted: 5/31/2008 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
** Spoilers Below**

Ahh were to start on this one.  My God these caracters are stupid.  100 minutes of Liv Tylers face, Liv Tyler crawling in the grass, Liv Tyler running into various glass objects around the house.  

I read some good reviews on this saying this was old school, creep you out horror but it wasnt.  The white masks are scary the first couple of times and had great potential but they just ruined it.  They just walk around doing nothing.  They are just three people, ones a 14 year old girl and a mom.  And yet Liv and her guy get their asses kicked and outsmarted repetedly.  

Gun handling in this movie is pretty bad.  Boyfriends dad has a shotgun in pieces, shells are hidden remotley in another room in a shoebox, no target identification of course and he blows away his friend.  No fighting, no plan, no defending the house, splitting up, no makeshift weapons, nothing cool.  

Everything going for them for defending a place for a night and they end up tied to a chair getting stabbed by said 14 year old girl.  Good camera work and scary bad guys but it was just wasted.      

So in the end all the "good guys" are dead? (I'm not planning on seeing it, just curious).
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Seriously, I doubt the idiots in the masks can take the M2 ball round to the chest. And the ammo is not far from the rifle in my house. And that's only if they survive the 9mm and 12 gauge buck that live near my bed. Some movies just piss me off.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 5:23:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Overall, I thought it was pretty good.  The dumbest thing they did was not using the dead friend's cell phone, or try to get to his car.  The best line in the movie was when he said he didn't even know how to load the shotgun.  Pathetic.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You did have Burt and Heather in Tremors.

Good one!  Burt Gummer FTW!

Back on topic... I saw The Strangers today.  So I'm the first person in this thread or the GD thread to comment on how the male lead is a total wussy at the beginning, in a way that actually made me think "ARFCom would pity this dude."  The worst example was that he actually gets a carton of ice cream out of the freezer and starts eating it like a girl in his despair.  And later he admits he exaggerated and his dad never actually took him hunting and he doesn't even know how to load shells into a shotgun.  Maybe the girl instinctively realized his wussdom and that was why she turned him down!

I know that was irrelevant to the plot but I found it memorable.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
** Spoilers Below**

So in the end all the "good guys" are dead? (I'm not planning on seeing it, just curious).

Quoted:
Back on topic... I saw The Strangers today.  
Carry on.

SO?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Back on topic... I saw The Strangers today.  
Carry on.

SO?www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/smilies/toetap05.gif

Haha, good smiley.

I liked it fine, but I'm a harsh critic.  It's no "Odishon" for F's sake!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
arfcom horror movie

excellent
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
** Spoilers Below**

They said they did in the commercial.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok i gotta admit i liked it alot. From the way i see it there was almost no plot. BUT it did have a jump out and scare you moment every 5-6 minutes. Gf clawed my arm apart.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
** Spoilers Below**

They said they did in the commercial.

Wow, really? That's a hell of a marketing campaign.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
arfcom horror movie

excellent

I concur!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I giv it a 7 out of 10

Wife and I went to the theater and saw it last night

dude did piss me off just blasting his buddy like that and then Liv returning to the house like she thought it offered some safety

"Because you were home"
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
** Spoilers Below**

I wish I read this thread before I saw the movie today, it SUCKED. The good guys did more damage to themselves (due to their own stupidity) than the bad guys did up until the end. BTW where did you see that it was a 14 y/o girl and her mother?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Terrible movie. I can't believe that i paid good money to see that steaming pile.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:29:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Hmmm the guy shoots his friend and not the killers.  Sounds like the typical brady bunch hollywood message that "guns aren't used for defense, they usually end up killing you or someone you love."

typical... no way I'm seeing that movie
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Not bad,At least it's not a remake.However since it was rated R I expected more blood and gore than what was shown.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#22]
your description was what I guessed when I first saw the trailer.  You have to admit, this is how stupid and dependable most americans are, so that's why they'll elect obama.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top