Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2007 5:15:28 PM EDT
Right At Your Door   Looks pretty intense.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I would never leave my wife outside like that - I'd rather die than be without her and my son.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, that was f'ed. If it were MY ex-wife? Pfffft, sorry biatch.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Whats the big deal?

Have her remove her clothing walk on plastic tarp and shower immediately.  Make sure that all clothing, metal items, and other items were placed in a plastic bag and sealed.  Move to your basement and construct a temporary improvised shelter gathering all your canned food and liquids with you in it.  Have your wife drink some red wine, iodine, and consume some potasium after she is clean.  

Radiation sickness is serious and exposure is serious, but it does not always result in death.  Plenty of people in Japan were exposed and went on to live for decades afterwards.

Link Posted: 8/8/2007 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't think of a reason why someone would actually want to watch that.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 4:32:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder whats up with all the police officers bascially assaulting their home?  Yeah, the LEOs are going to have all sorts of time to go pick on some random family.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#6]
dumber than shit

the cops would be happy to let you go home, means 1 less person dying at the hospital

txl
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:33:41 AM EDT
[#7]
added to my netflix
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:43:57 AM EDT
[#8]
interesting...

leaving his wife out there... Can you tell he's an L.A. kinda guy?
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Hmmmmmmm Makes me want to buy stock in duct tape.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I think that looks lame for all the said reasons above.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Kinda lame also..........but I might check it out if I run accross it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Saw some clips on Bloody Disgusting.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/bd...e%20attractions

Actually looked pretty intense.

I never go to the theater anymore, but I'll certainly check it out on DVD.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Saw some clips on Bloody Disgusting.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/bd...e%20attractions

Actually looked pretty intense.

I never go to the theater anymore, but I'll certainly check it out on DVD.

Is it out in theatres now?

Might go see it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Limited release on the 24th.

(DVD soon after, I'm sure.)

You gotta admit...

it's a hell of a movie poster!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How exactly could you decon someone in an enviroment like that? Garden hose in a tub with it draining outside?

Sounds like someone needed to Bug out
Some water, bleach, soap, brushes & buckets.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks really interesting to me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How exactly could you decon someone in an enviroment like that? Garden hose in a tub with it draining outside?

Sounds like someone needed to Bug out
Some water, bleach, soap, brushes & buckets.

Kharn

+1

And have one or two garden sprayers.  Don’t rely on the hose b/c you might not have pressure in an emergency.

Have Lysol on hand.

You will need a complete suit to wear while doing the decon.  A Geiger-Mueller counter would be nice during this process to check for radioactive material.  I don’t know how you’d check for viral.
You would probably just have to protect yourself, clean the radiological material and use as much anti-viral product as feasible then keep the person in quarantine once cleaned up.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#18]
WHELL THAT JUST REALLY TICKED ME OFF.
WHAT A JERK!!!!!!!!!! .   here

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Date is august 24th?

Can't wait.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I think either way...you're fu$ked mate!  No more children after that!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'd use the garage I think (like I said in my first post). Hard to decon outside when containated shit is falling down on you.  Suit yourself.

What model Geiger counter do you keep?

I'm on the same page about viral being a 'different problem'...that's why I mentioned it 'separately'.

You know that the premise of the movie involves radiological 'dirty bombs' with a viral component, right?
True, a known-clean garage would be a luxury while deconing a very small number of people, but then its contaminated too and most garages cant be easily sealed from the house (not just the doors, but the air leaks into the walls, etc). I'm used to seeing the decon line on the side of the road or other open area, far away from the habitated structures.

I dont keep any of that stuff at home.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd use the garage I think (like I said in my first post). Hard to decon outside when containated shit is falling down on you.  Suit yourself.

I'm on the same page about viral being a 'different problem'...that's why I mentioned it 'separately'.

You know that the premise of the movie involves radiological 'dirty bombs' with a viral component, right?
True, a known-clean garage would be a luxury while deconing a very small number of people, but then its contaminated too. I'm used to seeing the decon line on the side of the road or other open area, far away from the habitated structures.

Kharn

I would gladly sacrifice my garage for my ex-wife.  I'd try my best to get the contaminants out but I'd sacrifice the garage if need be.

I have a Victoreen (Geiger-Mueller).  It's far from cream of the crop but it's something.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Garage...kiddie pool, some buckets with water, some soap and water.  

You could wear a rain poncho, rubber cleaning gloves, safety goggles, and an n95 type mask.  

Have her strip and toss her clothing and anything metal into a plastic garbage bag.  Seal the bag place it far away until it is safe to go outside.  Scrub the living crap out of her and then have her move into the house and put on clean clothing.  Have her drink some red wine.

Remove your protective clothing sealing it in a garbage bag and move into your home.  Make sure home is sealed and secure.

Make an improvised shelter in the basement for her and you gathering all the water and canned foods you can down there.  Wait two weeks or until you are given the all clear from the government on your radio...rejoin civilization and/or bug-out if area is still hazardous.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2007 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, a known-clean garage would be a luxury while deconing a very small number of people, but then its contaminated too. I'm used to seeing the decon line on the side of the road or other open area, far away from the habitated structures.

Kharn

I would gladly sacrifice my garage for my ex-wife.  I'd try my best to get the contaminants out but I'd sacrifice the garage if need be.

I have a Victoreen (Geiger-Mueller).  It's far from cream of the crop but it's something.

Radiation sickness comes in various degrees and isn't always lethal so I would take the risk for a loved one.  A lot of people in Japan were exposed to radiation and lived to be a ripe old age afterwards.  

Just have to do your best with what you had and be as smart about it as possible.

If its viral all you can do is keep them seperated from you as best as you can...perhaps in another sealed area cut off from the rest of the home.   Either way I'm not going to be like "sorry hun...good luck with that whole doomsday thing," and then scape her dead body off the lawn when it was all over.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top