Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2007 9:01:47 PM EDT
i asked about this movie in the past and got no replies. i rented it tonight.

its actually a decent flick. came out within the last year i figure since its in the new release section at the movie rental store.

some scenes with air craft are kinda cheesy / bad special effects... its a lower budget film. but the gun shootouts were above par- IMO. pretty well acted shootouts / explosions.

lots of very good footage from WW2.

quick summary of the plot-

WW2- the nazis have looted a lot of dutch paintings / gold / etc and have them stored away... lots of people find out and everyone is trying to get it- the germans, the british, the americans...  reminds me of the old clint eastwood flick "kellys heroes" ( i believe that was the name? where they were trying to get the gold bars from the bank at the end of the war )

if you can just sit back and watch a movie without criticizing some points or taking it too seriously, i think this was a great film.

there havent been as many WW2 movies as i would like to see lately, this one is pretty good.

i also REALLY like " A Midnight Clear" which is probably 7+/- years old. about a small group of american soldiers in germany who have to set up base in a abandoned mansion and find a group of german soldiers stationed in the woods very close to them... the war is almost over and the germans dont want to fight...
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry man, but this movie sucks. hard.

The g/f and I sit through lots of crummy "shootin' flicks" and we both were quite disappointed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top