Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2006 3:08:05 PM EDT
My wife and I enjoy going to the movies.  (Please no rants or comments about how it is a waste of money or supporting liberals etc.)  A couple weeks ago we went and saw The Departed.  I thought it was a great movie.  Anyrate, not to get into a long story but today we went and saw it again.  It seemed as if there were several points where the dialogue was different.  Not a whole lot just a word or two than the first time we saw it.  I had been thinking that during the film something was different, my wife commented on it as we were leaving.  

For example, the first time we saw it Mark Whalberg tells Alec Baldwin, "I heard your father f***** your mother then checked 10-8."  That line made me chuckle for some reason so today as we were watching it I was waiting for that specific line.  Today I could have sworn the "then checked 10-8" part was left out.  There were some other minor things that seemed different but can't put my finger on them right now.  

Now we saw the first film in a completely different city at least 50 miles from where we were today.

So my question is when films are produced and shipped out is each one alittle different?  Could it have been some glitch in the projector or sound that it should have been heard but wasn't?

By the way both theaters were fairly new (less than a year old) multiplexes with 18+ cinemas.      

EDITED:  Did not realize there was a movie/dvd section sorry if I originally posted this in the wrong place.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

It seemed as if there were several points where the dialogue was different.  Not a whole lot just a word or two than the first time we saw it.  I had been thinking it during the film something different, my wife commented on it as we were leaving.  

Quit making-out during different parts of the movie each time you see it & see if the words stay the same then too.....................    
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember seeing 2 completly different versions of "Death Becomes Her" I lived in Mexico for a couple of years when I was younger. It was one of the better movies that our local rental place had so I saw it a few times. Then I saw it after moving back to the USA and it was a completly different movie, it has been so long now that I don't remember what is different about it but there were complete scenes that were missing and new ones thrown in.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:59:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a glitch in the matrix!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top