Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2006 12:53:51 PM EDT
GO RENT... Savior (1998)

It is on Netflix and Blockbuster for rental. It's worth the buy as well.

One of the best movies out there. Here's a clip and screenshots.

media.putfile.com/Islamic-Relations

Link Posted: 6/7/2006 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Do lots of terrorists get viscously slaughtered by the good guys?
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't think that movie was that good. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Seen it, it was ok.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#5]
required watching before deployment to Bosnia.  Even brought my clubs.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]
It includes rifle optics wrapped in burlap...
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not enough explosions and car chases for ya?!?

I think this was one of the best movies with respect to portrayal of wars and all the fucked up shit that goes along with it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Dennis Quaid fires a pistol.  

Anything else to it?  Bewbies?  
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Never heard of it....I'll check it out.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#10]
hm, I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. The IMDB writeup makes it look interesting.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think this was one of the best movies with respect to portrayal of wars and all the fucked up shit that goes along with it.

It just seemed really weird and brutally violent. I don't know a lot about the conflict but I suppose if you were grading it on its portrayal of how fucked up war is it would be good. The savage beating of a pregnant woman and other such scenes kind of turned me off of the whole movie.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It just seemed really weird and brutally violent. I don't know a lot about the conflict but I suppose if you were grading it on its portrayal of how fucked up war is it would be good. The savage beating of a pregnant woman and other such scenes kind of turned me off of the whole movie.

The movie was tame compared to the actual conflict.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Dennis Quaid fires a pistol.  

Anything else to it?  Bewbies?  

Yes, he doesn't blink when he shoots like so many actors do.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Is that the one where his family is killed by the Muslims, so he becomes a sniper in Bosnia or something like that?
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Is that the one where his family is killed by the Muslims, so he becomes a sniper in Bosnia or something like that?

Yup.
Link Posted: 6/7/2006 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#16]

An outstanding movie.

I saw it years ago, probably 1999 or so, and loved it.   No other movie quite like it, with all the strange things going on.  It was a very unconventional movie, but well made.  I need to see it again soon.

Link Posted: 6/7/2006 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#18]
This belongs in the movie forum.
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
This belongs in the movie forum.

There's a movie forum?

Link Posted: 6/10/2006 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Just dont go around tying your freaking rilfe to a tree!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Seen it, It was okay.

Max
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Humm, Never heard of it.

I'll have to check it out and report back.
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Does he join the French Foreign Legion or was he arrested and joined them?  I haven't seen it in awhile.
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#24]
That was a great scene.

All in all the movie was ok.....I did like seeing the Galil sniper rifle though
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#25]
That does look interesting, I haven't heard of it either. I will have to check it out.
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
That was a great scene.

All in all the movie was ok.....I did like seeing the Galil sniper rifle though

Wasn't a Galil, it was a Vektor R4.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 6:17:18 AM EDT
[#27]
who is he shooting up in the Mosque?  (guessing that's where he is in the pic)
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Wife and family were just killed in a terrorist bombing. Local Mosque (France) was suspect location.

Watch the clip in the original post.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wife and family were just killed in a terrorist bombing. Local Mosque (France) was suspect location.

wow, an Arfcom wet dream.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For some perhaps. I'd rather have a wife and kid still living.

Anyway, it's actually a pretty good and well thought out movie.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For some perhaps. I'd rather have a wife and kid still living.

Anyway, it's actually a pretty good and well thought out movie.

I'm gonna pick it up this week, I've seen part of it, not that part though.

I meant the part where he walks into the mosque and starts executing everyone, not the part about his family getting killed.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#32]
If forever reason you want to download that clip, here is the URL:
http://63.209.191.203/~f6putfi/videos/b5-1571637409.mpg
Right Click / Save As
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Will get it, because Hollywierd can not make any new movies.
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Is this the movie where a big Serb/ Slav  bashes peoples heads with a big, square mallet?
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah, thanks Steyr, I will have to check it out...

One that I thought was great, which was an HBO flick was "Shot Through the Heart" which is a true story about two Yugoslavian Olympic competitve shooting teammates and best friends, who end up on opposite sides (one is muslim, the other infidel) during the war...and one ends up having to kill the other...very poignant, I wish I could find it on DVD...anyone else see it?
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

One that I thought was great, which was an HBO flick was "Shot Through the Heart" which is a true story about two Yugoslavian Olympic competitve shooting teammates and best friends, who end up on opposite sides (one is muslim, the other infidel) during the war...and one ends up having to kill the other...very poignant, I wish I could find it on DVD...anyone else see it?

I haven't seen it, but I've been meaning to get it for a while.  It's definitely on DVD, I've seen it at my local Blockbuster.  The cover threw me off for a long time because both guys are dressed just like American hunters, and carrying wooden stocked hunting rifles, so I figured it was some sort of outdoor drama, not a war/sniper movie.
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Another great one, though I like Savior a little better.
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't seen it, but I've been meaning to get it for a while.  It's definitely on DVD, I've seen it at my local Blockbuster.  The cover threw me off for a long time because both guys are dressed just like American hunters, and carrying wooden stocked hunting rifles, so I figured it was some sort of outdoor drama, not a war/sniper movie.

Hmm, I'll have to look for it....I'll check at Borders when I go pick up my special order of the new Special Edition "Cross of Iron"...can't wait for that...I will have them order it for me if they don't have it in stock...
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#39]
I was like " HELL YEAH!" when he walked into that mosque and started shooting random muslims hahaha. Could have been a better movie if he wouldnt have gone soft.

Ideal storyline- Throughout the movie he bombs moques and becomes a terrorist/islamic "serial" killer.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to find the movie now.

/Add one more to my DVD collection.

Link Posted: 6/16/2006 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Rented the movie years ago.  The VHS was defective.  Watched it up until the last four or five minutes (I'm guessing here - he places a "package" in a Red Cross vehicle?) and then - NOTHING BUT STATIC!!!!

And of course, the video retailer did not have another copy...  Grrrrrr!  Arrrrghhh!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top