Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 5:14:56 PM EDT
I have a Velodyne VRP-1000 subwoofer that I need to connect to a Pioneer VSX-D814 A/V reciever. I cannot figure it out. I read the manual and followed the directions but I cannot get any sound out of the subwoofer. Am I missing something. Please tell me if I am missing something or please just give me step by step noob instructions.

The subwoofer has speaker inputs, line input, and LFE in.

Ill include a pic of the back of the same reciever.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]
That is a powered sub right??? There should be a line out on the reciever marked for the sub, run a RCA cable to the line in on the sub, you might have to get a splitter, that is what I had to do because my sub had a left and right line in. There may be some hidden setting somewhere on the reciever for sub output. Sorry not much help, good luck.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:42:17 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are using a standard coax RCA cable, hooked up per the directions, there are a few possibilities:

1.  The sub/sub amp is bad.
2.  The sub output on the receiver is bad.
3.  The sub output on the receiver is turned off via a menu or other option.
4.  The cable is bad.
5.  You have it hooked up wrong.

I would guess that #3 is your problem, although the other possibilities could happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top