Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 9:48:28 PM EDT
Watched it on all day Pay per view and I want my $3.99 back
I lost count of how many times they racked their guns everytime they heard a noise.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Doom sucked?  Did you miss every review or what?  Yes it blew.l
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Major suckage is what I expect from all movies based on video games.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you somehow think it wouldn't suck?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#4]
What? Doom sucked?

pffft. I was really expecting to see it at the Acadamy Awards!

Did you miss EVERY SINGLE REVIEW? Nobody liked Doom - even the fanboys it was made for.

Av.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I knew it would be bad but I didn't think it would SUCK
At least I didn't blow the $ at the theater
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Not even worth watching IMO.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I watched it this morning right after watching Undead.

Wish I could have my morning back.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I watched it this morning right after watching Undead.

Wish I could have my morning back.

WOW I will say it is at least better than Undead
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I just watched it, downloaded it(free), I liked it. It was entertaining. Hell, I will prolly watch it again.

I think I will break out Doom and play it a little.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I din't think it was all that bad.

But I've never played the game either. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen the game played. So I have nothing but other action movies to compare it to. Same with the two Resident Evil movies. I don't usually care for zombie movies but really liked RE1 & 2. Never played those games either.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#11]
It was alright. The part about the mother skeleton shielding the baby skeleton from some unknown monster sent chills up my spine.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nobody liked Doom - even the fanboys it was made for.

I'd say especially the fanboys.  The game was awesome.  The game story was awesome.  They opened a gate to hell!!! That's some friggin movie potential.  Hollywood manage to neuter the story to a gene altering drug that distinguishes between good and evil???!?!?!   WTF!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I've chimed in on this before, but it bears repeating.

Doom could easily have been the coolest zombie/alien/gun movie of all time.  How freaking hard is it to get some zombie marines, some CG imps and demons, have some minotaurs about halfway through, and a cyberdemon at the end??  It could have done with almost no plot, just lots of shooting and monsters.  Everyone involved with that movie should be slapped, fired, have sugar put in their gas tanks, and have their toes burnt off.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:50:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Once I saw the ad with the first person scene in it I lost all desire to watch it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:16:19 AM EDT
[#15]
It was way better than I expected it to be -
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#16]
But that part made no sense!!  The implication is that she was shielding the baby from some mutated person and she died.  How the hell would she still be in that position after being attacked and killed???  It's just bizarre how they were so dedicated to following the game in some places but didn't give a rat's ass in others.  I.e., the BFG floating like that, that's just like what they did in the game, but then they go with this chromosome crap and do away with the gate to hell.  Idiots.
By the way, the BFG blast/effect was cool in movie, buy way off what happens in the game.
I played D2 a heck of a lot, watched my college roommate fall out of his chair when a pink bull-demon-thing was hiding behind a door he opened, hilarious!

Quoted:
It was alright. The part about the mother skeleton shielding the baby skeleton from some unknown monster sent chills up my spine.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#17]
But it starred The Rock!!!

I had such high hopes!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But it starred The Rock!!!

I had such high hopes!

Brando, DeNiro, Pacino, Nicholson....The Rock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top