Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 6:29:44 AM EDT
Avalon is a first person virtual reality game of war and assassination. It's also the name of a movie filmed in Eastern Europe, Czech Republic if I remember right. Full of Soviet guns and equipment.

You can watch it in the original language with English subtitles or in English. The star is a chick who plays at such an advanced level she gets recruited to find and assassinate a player gone rogue who now lives inside the game, against the rules and overall not healthy for the person.

A pretty good movie with decent action, cinematography and plot. It's worth it if you find it in the cheap bin but I don't really think it's worth full price. I "inherited" it from daughter who's grandma bought it thinking it was about King Arthur.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw that movie.  The east bloc gun factor alone make it worth seeing to the gun nut, but it really wasn't all that good.

The trailer I saw for it in 2000, drove me crazy with expectation.  The actual movie isn't all that.  It's like a "sunday, nothing better to do with my time" type movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top