Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 8:37:37 AM EDT
A campy but lame movie.

Those brits need some real second amendment rights so they can properly prepare for zombies.

Smokin hot actress (Kate Ashfield) that played Liz the girlfriend.  Reminded me of a friends wife from many moons ago.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw Shaun of the Dead once, is this a remake of that?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#2]
You want lame?

Rent UNDEAD.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A campy but lame movie.

Those brits need some real second amendment rights so they can properly prepare for zombies.

Smokin hot actress (Kate Ashfield) that played Liz the girlfriend.  Reminded me of a friends wife from many moons ago.

See.. no way can the US, in it's present state, have a zombie prob.. first zombie out there would be shot dead.

I liked it BTW.

And Kate Ashfield is nice.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Perhaps he ment Sauna of the Dead?

"Kill the Queen!"

Great film. Very fun.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:16:35 AM EDT
[#5]
If you like Zombie flicks you must see Dead Meat.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]

I thought Shaun of the Dead was perhaps the best zombie film yet after DOTD '04.  Not only is there some great comedy throughout, but I liked the warning signs of the impending disaster that Shaun noticed in the days prior to the outbreak.  Also, the guys with the big guns save the day in the end, just as it should be.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought Shaun of the Dead was perhaps the best zombie film yet after DOTD '04.  Not only is there some great comedy throughout, but I liked the warning signs of the impending disaster that Shaun noticed in the days prior to the outbreak.  Also, the guys with the big guns save the day in the end, just as it should be.

The only thing wrong with that is that the "guys with the big guns" are the police / military.  I thought the scene where they threw records at the zombie in the garden was hillarious.......

..... There was definitely a "statement" in there somewhere...........

"We need to get to the pub!"................. Let's pretend to be zombies...... WTF

Where were the hell were the "Streetsweepers" ....... I for one have 10 cases of 00 buck for just such an occasion......
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only thing wrong with that is that the "guys with the big guns" are the police / military.  I thought the scene where they threw records at the zombie in the garden was hillarious.......

..... There was definitely a "statement" in there somewhere...........

"We need to get to the pub!"................. Let's pretend to be zombies...... WTF

Where were the hell were the "Streetsweepers" ....... I for one have 10 cases of 00 buck for just such an occasion......

Britain. Very Very few guns in Britain. Dont you live there? You know.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with the gun sentiment, but the scene with Shaun running to liz's apartment while whacking zombies with a cricket bat was hilarious.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#10]
The movie is funny as hell.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Laughed my ass off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 on funny and laughed my ass off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Bought it before seeing it, NOT a waste of money at all.  Dry British humor is great, add zombies and it gets greater.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Not to mention those two guys' cameo appearence in Land of the Dead.
(As zombies)
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#15]

I think I laughed the hardest when Shaun was fighting the zombie in the fenced in backyard after his mom was bitten, and Dianne (the actress chick) throws him the tetherball pole to use as a weapon.  He swings it around and hits the zombie in the head with the tennis ball, then says, "No, that's rubbish", instead of whacking the zombie with the metal pole.

I guess you have to see it, but it's funny as hell.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:57:39 AM EDT
[#16]
The meat pie dialogue was tremendously funny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top