Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 11:18:08 PM EDT
I didn't like the movie at all, I thought it was predictable, I was piss by how convieniently the things came together, it felt "forced" to me, like a bad TV movie. I thought the acting was good all around. Did it win because everything else that was nominated sucked??
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, that was the only pic that was up for the award that I saw and I thought it sucked ass. Oh well, let the commies have their fun...I almost want to quit watching movies/tv just to protest, but I don't know that I care that much....oh well
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#2]
It sucks because it seems like if you tell people you don't like Crash they look at you like you are a racist. Anyone else feel that way as well?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:38:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I had put up a post a couple of days ago, this weekend at some point, about crash. A couple of people answered and there was mixed results. I thought it was amazing, great screenplay, the music was good, acting was good, great director, very little that I thought wasn't great or at least up to par on movie standards. Also I think its pretty amazing what they did with a budget of 6 million or so, paying actors as well. I was quite pleased.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:53:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It sucks because it seems like if you tell people you don't like Crash they look at you like you are a racist. Anyone else feel that way as well?

I know what you mean...but who cares, opinions are like assholes: everyone has one and they all stink
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:59:30 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=136&t=442282

other thread with some comments people had on it :)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:21:34 AM EDT
[#6]
"Crash"...I want my 97 minutes back

Anyone see Crash? Good movie  

I liked it. Not saying it was the best movie of last year though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I thought "Walk the Line" was a better movie and it didn't get nominated for Best Picture

Yeah, but it wasn't a picture about "Social Justice" or some crap like that.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I liked it ok, but it was damn near a remake of "Grand Canyon" with Danny Glover, Kevin Kline and Steve Martin from 1991. Same damn story almost....

That's exactly what I was thinking, stated it to the wife but she never saw GC. I have to admit I got sucked into the movie at the point where the convenience mart guy rolled up on the locksmith's yard. Good flick compared to most of the movies that came out in the last year but nothing new or great.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#10]
And when did we start giving a #% what the Academy thinks? These are the people, after all, that picked "Shakespeare in Love" over "Saving Private Ryan."  Gawd.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't think saving private ryan was that great of a flick Good gun pR0n for the C&R guys though
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Why don't we start our own awards ceremony: call it the "Conservative Academy Awards" and movies that should win, WILL win or at least nominated (Brokeback Mountain and not Walk The Line? WTF?)
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I didn't think saving private ryan was that great of a flick Good gun pR0n for the C&R guys though

Your movie-critique-fu is weak, grasshopper...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:15:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I liked it.
That great scene when Dillon is screwing around with his wife, what would you have done?

And I loved Sandra Bullock as a total bitch.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I thought it was a great flick.

Was ASTOUNDED that Hollyweird gave it the Oscar.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:25:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I thought "Walk the Line" was a better movie and it didn't get nominated for Best Picture

Yeah, but it wasn't a picture about "Social Justice" or some crap like that.  

The acting in Walk the Line was really good, but the movie was only so-so.

I thought A History of Violence was actually the best film of the year.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Sucked!

Libtard Hollywood can FOAD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top