Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 5:51:26 PM EDT
Not that I thought Episode III was anything spectacular in terms of story and acting, but visually it was still pretty awesome.

Doesn't it usually get nominated for at least 3: sound, Visual F/X, Make-Up, art direction and some other crap?

Only one nomination this year and it didn't get it. Kinda surprised....
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

No suprise it didn't get it, one was one nomination too many.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
The Greatest Movie award in 1977 was Annie Hall
LMAO

Tells you all you need to know about Oscars

Dances With Wolves over Goodfellas, Titanic over LA Confidential

I  could go on..........
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:49:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No suprise it didn't get it, one was one nomination too many.

+1
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Greatest Movie award in 1977 was Annie Hall
LMAO

Tells you all you need to know about Oscars

Dances With Wolves over Goodfellas, Titanic over LA Confidential

I could go on..........

A complete travesty.  LA Confidential was a fantastic movie.  But I guess if really really good movies came out all the time we would stop recognizing them as such.  I'm still in awe at the Lord of the Rings series, talk about fantastic filmmaking.  Titanic was an epic, just due to the scale of the project, and in that vein so was Troy.  But both had lame scripts and only momentary bursts of good acting.  Total package movies are few and far between, and even when they do get made, they can get very little recognition (Serenity, Sin City, King Arthur, and 13th Warrior, just to rattle a few off).
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:33:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#6]
They don't make Star Wars movies like they used to.

The prequels had some good moments, but it proved (to me) that you can't go home again...especially if you've a writer/director that's turned into a liberal whack-job surrounded by yes-men.

That being said, I think the Academy Awards are about as meaningful as the Nobel Peace Prize. And that's my rant for the day. :)

Scott
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:29:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Shakespeare in love over Saving Private Ryan?
screw the academy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top