Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 1:29:25 PM EDT
so Beverly Hills Cop 2 is on TV right now and I just heard Eddie Murphy's character say this:

"This is a 44 automatic. They dont even make these anymore because they are too expensive. This is actually the casing from a .308 rifle that they cut down to fit the .44. Whoever used this knew what they were doing."

Holy shit, I dont even know what to say.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I think he was talking about the 44 auto-mag.

Kinda like the Desert Eagle in .44mag rimless.

They fucked up the reference anyway.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
a necked up .308? you have got to be kidding me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I believe the writer was trying to make a refference to a pistole that was not well known and fucked it up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Before the 44 AM was commercially loaded in quantity, it was very common to form the brass from .308 casings, since that is what the original cartridge was based on.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Before the 44 AM was commercially loaded in quantity, it was very common to form the brass from .308 casings, since that is what the original cartridge was based on.

Very True
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Where Beverly Hills Cop 2 makes a mistake Eddy Murphy tells the gun shop that he has brass from a 44 Auto Mag and he said that he was a Charles Bronson fan.

Bronson used a Wildey.....Clint Eastwood used a Auto mag in Dirty Harry 4 Sudden Impact.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:49:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No.  Cut the case off below the shoulder.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
just because you arent familiar with the automag, and arent familiar with how the hombrew crowd reloads their ammo doesnt mean the movie is wrong. pretty minor mistake, and youre a bit pompous for calling "bullshit" without knowing what youre talking about. i know someone who cuts down .308 brass for their automag and has been doing so for 20yrs
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#10]
my fault, didnt make any sense to me. I guess Eddie wins this round, but I'll be back... JUST YOU WATCH! THIS ISNT GOING TO BE THE LAST OF ME!

<--idiotstick
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#11]
don't ever buy one they are major POS
don't know what i was thinking thought it was cool
wildeys are about as bad but you can screw with the gas system to get them to almost run reliably
they are both hella cool looking thought IMO
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:48:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Die Hard 2.
"That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. Do you know what that is? Its a porcelain gun made in Germany so it won`t be picked up by a metal detector and it costs more than you make in a month!"

Definatly the worst gun line I ever heard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top