Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:07:44 AM EDT
Guys, this one is definitely worth AT LEAST a rent.  I plan on buying it the day it is released, which is March 13th.

Very few people saw this in the theatres, but it's on of the most entertaining movies I've seen in a long time.  I laughed out loud throughout the film, which I almost never do.  Good detective story with lots of twists, some good actors with great characters to play, some gunplay, and boobies.  What's not to like?  I've never been a big fan of Robert Downey Jr's, but he is perfect in this role - neurotic, but trying to act like the good guy he's never really been.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is about a thief named Harry Lockhart (Robert Downey JR)who finds himself cast in the role of a detective in a new Hollywood film.  Val Kilmer plays the real PI who is assigned to train Harry in the ways of being an investigator.  While the two of them are out on a routine surveillance job, they stumble into a big murder investigation in which Harry's old girlfriend plays a role.

A few funny lines from the film:

Perry Van Shrike: You're an idiot. You know that. You know if you looked in the dictionary next to the word "idiot" you know what you'll find?
Harry Lockhart: A picture of me?
Perry Van Shrike: No! The definition of the word "idiot". Which you are.

Perry Van Shrike: [about his derringer] I call it my "faggot gun," because it's only good for a couple of shots and then you have to drop it for something better.

Perry Van Shrike: He called her a... well, a bad word.
[pause]
Perry Van Shrike: Cunt.

Perry Van Shrike: [to the audience] Thanks for coming, please stay for the end credits, if you're wondering who the best boy is, it's somebody's nephew, um, don't forget to validate your parking, and to all you good people in the Midwest, sorry we said fuck so much.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
We saw it and LOVED it.  I thought it was one of the funniest movies I have seen in recent years.  Even the wife enjoyed it.  Definitely a must-purchase dvd.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Perry Van Shrike: You're an idiot. You know that. You know if you looked in the dictionary next to the word "idiot" you know what you'll find?
Harry Lockhart: A picture of me?
Perry Van Shrike: No! The definition of the word "idiot". Which you are.

Damn, just the quote made me laugh.  Will have to check this out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top