Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 8:24:15 PM EDT
Not a big western fan, but I'd heard this was a great gun movie, so I checked it out.  

Definitely a good gun flick.  Springfields, 1911s, Winchester 97s, Colt SAAs, and a Browning .30cal.  The opening shootout is good, the ending shootout is GREAT.  Beyond that, though, I didn't like the movie all that much.  It seemed to drag in parts, and most of the jokes made no sense.  Also, lots of boobs in the film, but they're all on gross fat chicks.

Worth renting for the action alone, IMO.  Beyond that, it wasn't my cup of tea.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a big fan of Warren Oates and William Holden, so I really like the film.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I liked it
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Wild Bunch is a classic.  Any student of film should watch it!

I was impressed by what they didn't say in a lot of scenes.  Sam thought his audience would be smart enough to think for themselves.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Good flick.  Loved the General + machine gun scene, heh.  

Peckinpah was told he should have had more dialouge in the "Let's go." scene.   Was more than enough....he was right on that one.  

Also check out "The Getaway" for another good one by Sam.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Let's go.

Why not.

The Wild Bunch is a must have for any DVD collection.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#6]
From his biography: “I want to do ‘a walk thing’”:

That walk wasn’t in the original script, but along with the drums doing that rhythm, it was awesome.  Nothing verbally was spoken until after the walk was finished, but what happens next….

And Holy Bleep!

Wild Bunch Remake!
Nov. 04, 2005

Ayer wrangles Warners redo of 'Wild Bunch'

By Borys Kit and Sheigh Crabtree
Writer-producer David Ayer is in final negotiations to direct an update of "The Wild Bunch" for Warner Bros. Pictures based on his own script. Jerry Weintraub is producing for his Warner Bros.-based shingle Jerry Weintraub Prods.

Weintraub Prods.' Susan Ekins and Mark Vahradian are executive producing. Jessica Goodman is overseeing production.

"Wild Bunch," originally directed by Sam Peckinpah in 1969, followed an aging group of outlaws looking for a last score in the fading American West. Ayer's update is described as a thriller involving heists, drug cartels and the CIA, set in contemporary Mexico.

Ayer, known for writing street-tough screenplays like 2001's "Training Day," also wrote and directed "Harsh Times." That movie, which stars Christian Bale and Freddy Rodriguez, screened at the Toronto International Film Festival and was picked up for distribution by Bauer Martinez Studios for release next year.

"After I saw his movie 'Harsh Times,' I fell in love with his directing. He's a wonderful writer, and we thought he should direct his own script," Weintraub said. "He can handle this. I think all the actors in town will want to work with him because he's s got 'the stuff.' He's the real thing."

[Start Dutch]

Give them hell Pike!

[/dutch]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That walk wasn’t in the original script, but along with the drums doing that rhythm, it was awesome.  Nothing verbally was spoken until after the walk was finished, but what happens next….

The whole thing was impromptu and pure Peckinpah. If you watch the Mexican soldiers, they all look at the Bunch like their lost and don't really know what's going on. That's because thats exactly what happened. Watch towards the end of the walk and a few of the extras get the body block put on em by Ben Johnson. Watch the documentary on the DVD. It's kinda funny how eccentric Peckinpah was.

[Pike] If anybody moves.....kill 'em! [/Pike]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/581/581907/wild_bunch_1106365032-000.jpg

The whole thing was impromptu and pure Peckinpah. If you watch the Mexican soldiers, they all look at the Bunch like their lost and don't really know what's going on. That's because thats exactly what happened. Watch towards the end of the walk and a few of the extras get the body block put on em by Ben Johnson. Watch the documentary on the DVD. It's kinda funny how eccentric Peckinpah was.

[Pike] If anybody moves.....kill 'em! [/Pike]

The name of Peckinpah's biography is "If They Move, kill 'em".  If you can find it, get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top