Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 12:00:14 PM EDT
Sony Pictures
IMDb

Plot Summary for Screamers (1995)
(SIRIUS 6B, Year 2078) On a distant mining planet ravaged by a decade of war, scientists have created the perfect weapon: a blade-wielding, self-replicating race of killing devices known as Screamers designed for one purpose only -- to hunt down and destroy all enemy life forms But man's greatest weapon has continued to evolve without any human guidance, and now it has devised a new mission: to obliterate all life. Col. Hendricksson (Peter Weller) is commander of a handful of Alliance soldiers still alive on Sirius 6B. Betrayed by his own political leaders and disgusted by the atrocities of this never-ending war, Hendricksson decides he must negotiate a separate peace with the New Economic Bloc's decimated forces. But to do so, he will have to cross a treacherous wasteland where the deadliest threat comes from the very weapons he helped to create.

Just finished watching it. I think it was per someone's recommendation on this site.
The story was written by Philip K. Dick, the same guy who did the stories for Total Recall, Blade Runner, Minority Report, etc.

This wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would have been whe I remember it first coming out. I figured it would be pretty freakin lame and the whole movie woul be about the little "screamers" that attack from underneath the ground. I never realized it was about how they "evolved" into variosu different types. By the end I had pretty much figured what was going to happen, but still.

I'm a little surprsed it wasn't a lot gorier than it was. But overall it was a decent watch.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Totally Craptastic.

Fun movie!

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it too
have not seen it for awhile though
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
it was a good movie....freaky in a way, it reminded me of some of the footage of the Soviet/Afgan war I saw where toys and other innocuous objects were boobytrapped, etc.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:25:51 AM EDT
[#5]
It was enjoyable.  Not great, I mean hey, a Science Fiction movie with Peter Weller?  Yeah.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It was enjoyable.  Not great, I mean hey, a Science Fiction movie with Peter Weller?  Yeah.  

Are you kidding?

One of my favorite "sci-fi" movies ever. Peter Weller rocked in this movie.
Screamers? Eh... could have been anyone. I think this movie was pretty much the last drop in his bucket of luck.
He was pretty creepy in First Born too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you kidding?

www.mgm.com/img2k/posterart-other/ROBOCOP-02BB1-poster_hires.jpg

Ok Robocop is the ONE exception to that....  Nah, RC rocked.  2/3/TV show? Not so much.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top