Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 2:39:59 PM EDT
is a compdienum of anecdotes.
very nonlinier.  
very hard to watch.  totaly Quinten Terintino.

I would suggest to anyone thinking of watching this movie to be VERY stoned, or just stay awake for three days-then watch it

other than that there's nothing.  Whoops, there is Carla Gogino's boobies.
And nice boobies they are. But boobies, to me, don't compensate for the lack of plot/development/literacy.
I rented it from Blockbuster and i would never buy the POS.

Over and out,
RB
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
See, and I loved it. Just for those reasons. Plus I haven't seen a Terintino movie I haven't liked. I feel he has a fresh, new style and I like it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Bad date movie. Even if it's her choice. Trust me.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Sin City was probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I couldn't stand it, and still don't understand all the hype
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was great. The visuals alone were worth the admission.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Plus, it's not a "Quentin Tarentino" movie. QT directed one sequence (after having to be persuaded to participate in the first place), along with main director Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller.

The newly released 2-disc Special Edition has the four intertwining stories told seperately, which may be more palatable for some.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked it.  Will be on Starz in a few weeks
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
See, and I loved it. Just for those reasons. Plus I haven't seen a Terintino movie I haven't liked. I feel he has a fresh, new style and I like it.

ditto
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

yep +1
besides it should have had more than enough senseless violence to entertain about anyone
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#9]

besides it should have had more than enough senseless violence to entertain about anyone

Oh, well, i can't argue with that.  When he left Jr. all sawed up-that was cool.
But why did they have to chase around the cop's head? 'course little Miho was hot.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Oh, well, i can't argue with that.  When he left Jr. all sawed up-that was cool.
But why did they have to chase around the cop's head? 'course little Miho was hot.

Miho?
What about Nancy, Gayle, and the lesbian probation officer????
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#12]
 I fell asleep in the theater.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I liked it, even though it had nothing going for it but visuals, violence and tits.  A complete triumph of style over substance.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:31:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Miho?
What about Nancy, Gayle, and the lesbian probation officer????

they were all hot
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I loved it. The stories were great gory modern versions of classic noir themes brought to life with stunning visual effects.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:40:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I liked it.  I didn't love it, but I liked it.

It is a full length movie, but it's like little movies strung together.  Because for the most part, people's attention span will not last an entire movie these days.  Great for the MTV crowd.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#19]
It was excellent, really better to see on DvD to view several times to catch small things (Tarantino was the guest director; and it is better to see Tarantino-type films several times).
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I consider it one of the best movies I've seen in a while.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:30:11 AM EDT
[#21]
OK, it was on Starz last night at 8 pm, so I waited a while figuring I could pick up at the point where I fell asleep at the theater.  Unfortunately, I tuned in too early and saw the scene where the dude's pistol is somehow plugged by one of the hookers.  I remembered seeing that part in the theater, but I had forgotten how corny the movie was.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top