Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 9:45:21 AM EDT
How did Sam know the case he was handed was a bomb/fake ( I guess meaning it's fake, so it must be a bomb)?

The first time, I assumed the residue on his palm was some type of explosive/bombmaking stuff, so he knew it was going to blow.

But today, watching it the second time, he asked Lilleth or whatever her name is to get the paint off his jacket, it was silver, like the residue.

So, was it just the paint that tipped him?

Why would the guy need fresh paint on the phony case? They had tons of photos of the real case, he could have arranged for a dupe early enough to have dry paint.

So what gives?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm trying to remember....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#2]
He read the script...

Seriously though, I think he saw the paint on the other guy's hands, and then his instincts told him something wasn't right.
He had been a field agent for quite some time, so he probably knew that if his spider sense was tingling, there was a reason for it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Fresh paint.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How did Sam know the case he was handed was a bomb/fake ( I guess meaning it's fake, so it must be a bomb)?

The first time, I assumed the residue on his palm was some type of explosive/bombmaking stuff, so he knew it was going to blow.

But today, watching it the second time, he asked Lilleth or whatever her name is to get the paint off his jacket, it was silver, like the residue.

So, was it just the paint that tipped him?

Why would the guy need fresh paint on the phony case? They had tons of photos of the real case, he could have arranged for a dupe early enough to have dry paint.

So what gives?

I KNOW it was fresh paint, but why was fresh paint needed?  They had photos of the cases.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]
The Russians were on a schedule.  They needed a look alike case.  As soon as Gregor got them the info about what it looked like (from the Irish intel), they painted an Ice Skate case that they happened to have because what's her name was in town.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:22:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:26:20 AM EDT
[#9]
If I remember, they had a pic of the case, but couldn't find an exact match?  Didn't he see some kid come out of a skate store, and finally figure out what kind of case it was?  There is the short time frame.   They knew what it looked like, but couldn't find a match until the last minute.

It's been a while though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
ronin had a number of holes.  
Why did he put his 45 outside the cafe (makes no sense)

He anticpated being frisked upon entering the bar. He planned to then excuse himself to go to the can, and reach outside to grab his piece.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ronin had a number of holes.  
Why did he put his 45 outside the cafe (makes no sense)

He anticpated being frisked upon entering the bar. He planned to then excuse himself to go to the can, and reach outside to grab his piece. unlock the back door so he had a quick escape route to where his weapon would be should things go south.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Stop overanalyzing, why do you assume that he had only one gun?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:21:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top