Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 5:33:41 PM EDT
IMDb
Official Site

Plot Summary for Ultraviolet (2006)
Set in the late 21st century, a subculture of humans have emerged who have been modified genetically by a vampire-like disease (Hemophagia), giving them enhanced speed, incredible stamina and acute intelligence, and as they are set apart from "normal" and "healthy" humans, the world is pushed to the brink of worldwide civil war (a war between humans and hemophages) aimed at the destruction of the "diseased" population. In the middle of this crossed-fire is - an infected woman - Ultraviolet (played by Milla Jovovich), who finds herself protecting a nine-year-old boy who has been marked for death by the human government as he is believed to be a threat to humans.

Saw the trailer for this when I went to see Underworld Evolution today. Looks like a cross between Equilibrium (same director, Kurt Wimmer), The Matrix, and Aeon Flux. Super stylized gun and phsycial violence... with a hot chic. In other words another ARFcom hit.

I don't think Milla Jovovich looks as good as she does in Residen Evil... actually she looks more like she did in Zoolander

Trivia:
Kurt Wimmer wrote the script with Milla Jovovich in mind as the lead character.

Milla Jovovich's character uses a more authentic variant of "Gun Kata" - a unique blend of gunfighting and martial arts developed by director Kurt Wimmer for his previous film Equilibrium (2002).

While on the set, Kurt Wimmer asked Milla Jovovich to punch him, in order to get a feel for the intensity she was putting in her action sequences. For the next several days, Wimmer directed the film with a black eye.

A teaser trailer and a rough cut of one of the action sequences leaked to the Internet after being shown to a small group. Kurt Wimmer has since requested that all clips be taken offline in order to keep the film mostly a secret until he decides to let it out of the bag. No traces of the clips remain on the Net.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Hawt and super cheesy.   I'll see it.

Link to the trailer (legit):
www.trailerdownload.net/downloads.php?id=368&trailer=916

Nice guns....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:44:56 AM EDT
[#2]
looks like it might be worth checking out
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell ya I'll see it. Babes in skin-tight clothing with guns, explosions and motorcycles? What the hell do you think?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
it is good that she is diversifying  would not want to get typecast LOL
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Ill watch it  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Milla J. vs. Kate B.-who would win
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

a lesbian scene would be nice
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't know, but kittens everywhere rue the day....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#9]
no lesbian scene until I have done a scene with each of them....sorry, that's the rules
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Looks like a cross between Equilibrium (same director, Kurt Wimmer), The Matrix, and Aeon Flux. Super stylized gun and phsycial violence... with a hot chic. In other words another ARFcom hit.

My thoughts exactly ... plus Kill Bill.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#11]
There was a BBC miniseries of the same name a couple of years ago that was pretty well written about an underground war between the vampires and humans.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Saw the first TV commercial for it last night.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:44:27 AM EDT
[#13]
After watching the commerical, my 10 y/o kid said it should be called Ultra-Violent. I agreed. kewl!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Doesn't look like there could BE much more to the movie than the trailer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Starts Friday!

Kurt Wimmer is rumored to be pro2nd, as well.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Doesn't look like there could BE much more to the movie than the trailer.

I'm willing to wager my $8.00 that there will be. I'll let you know after I sees it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#17]
b0mb.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Sigh, doesnt even have the magpul trigger guard  Anyone able to see the brand ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
www.madrussian.org/ar15/lower.png

WTF?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Bloody ultraviolet trailer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
www.madrussian.org/ar15/lower.png

The magpul trigger gaurd is an accessory that is uneeded imo. Besides, so what if she doesn't have a magpul tirgger gaurd? Does that suddenly make her unable to partake in combat?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Seems a little joke is too much here. my bad.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Seems a little joke is too much here. my bad.

Or maybe it wasn't really funny in the first place.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hawt and super cheesy.   I'll see it.

Link to the trailer (legit):
www.trailerdownload.net/downloads.php?id=368&trailer=916

www.aforkinthetoad.com/images/ultra2.jpg

Nice guns....

Mag changes are going to be painful
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Just saw it.

Kind of dumb. I liked Equilibrium better... the actors actually attempted to act in that. The dialogue/linesin this movie were pretty 1-dimensional.

That really softened filter effect was weird. Almost made it cartoony at times. I think it probably helped when they plugged in bad digital effects though.

The fighting was cool in that it was stylized and one scene stands out where you see a more "flowing" version of gun-kata. Not quite as rigid as Equilibrium. But all of the fight scenes were't ones that had you on the edge of your seat. They were all realy fast paced and you know she's going to be the only one left standing because the people she fights are all bullet/sword fodder. None of them are developed characters that would even give you the impression they could beat her in the first place.

The "concealed" weapon effects were cool but kind of ridiculous at the same time. Between that and her color changing that really didn't seem to have any explanation or reason it was all just stylized fluff.

I don't like Milla Jovavich as a maternal-warrior/baby-sittter. It's a lame concept to begin with and I've seen it more than enough times to be tired of it.

I walked into the theater 5 minutes after the time on the ticket and it had already started... usually there's an hour of previews before the movie so I was a little pissed about that. But I don't think I missed anything other than credits.

All in all this movie should have been put directly on my rent list and I probably should have known better but I was giving it the benefit of the doubt since I liked Equilibrium. Lesson learned.

Pay to see at your own risk.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Just got back from seeing it, here's my review. Milla is ridiculously hot. There might have been a plot, but I didn't go for a plot; I went to see Milla and got what I paid for.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#28]
She was hotter in the Resident Evil movies if you axe me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top