Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 9:44:13 PM EDT
I  skipped out of work 45 minutes early and caught this, and to be honest I wasn't the hugest fan of the first Underworld.

I thought this was a pretty fun movie, nothing mind blowing or groundbreaking but it definately served it's purpose. There was a lot of gunplay and the action scenes were well done. Lots of cool firearms, Some good UMP, G36, P99, and M249 action in there. I think there was even an HK MP7 thrown in the mix. And the Scott Speedman character, werewolf/vampire hybrid: if you thought he was dissappointing and overated in the first one, like I did ("oooh he's unstoppable! yet, everybody kicks his ass!") you won't be let down this time. All in all, worth seeing I think, but it's not the end of the world if you skip this one. The movie had the typical flaws that most people overlook, but we never can, like unlimited magazines and people flying 50 feet when hit with a 9mm.

One piece of advice. Watch the first one before you go. This movie takes place like hours after the first one ends. I had only seen the first one in theaters and, even though they try to remind you what's going on by using flashbacks to the first movie, a lot of times I was thinking to myself, "who's this guy? What's going on here?"

Let me know what you guys thought of it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:14:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
blah, blah, blah.....

You missed the most important part to review... Any Kate nekidness?

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I was unimpressed with the first one.  There were somethings I liked about it, but they were few.

Think I will give this one a try based on your review.

Besides, I have not had my Cherry Coke and popcorn fix in awhile, w00t!!

Thanks for giving a review and no spoilers!!  Bravo!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank's for the review Steve. Will try to catch that one tomorrow!

Only downside is, I am pretty sure that after watching Underworld again I will  WANT (VERY BADLY) to buy a full auto pistol!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You missed the most important part to review... Any Kate nekidness?

yes and no.....there's a minor sex scene between her and the Speedman character but you don't really see anything on her part unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup, should have seen the first one again before I went.  

It didn't blow my mind, but it did reaffirm my belief that Kate Beckinsale in tight latex and guns trips my trigger.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw it thursday night and I've decided that once I lick Kate's toes, I'll be able to die a happy man.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Saw it yesterday. Pretty good movie, but I probably won't buy it when it comes out on DVD.

I didn't see the first one however. Luckily, one of my friends that went explained some of the things I didn't understand.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:42:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I LOVE KATE BECKINSALE !!!

Just watched Underworld Evolution. Lot's of guns, action and Kate Beckinsale in tight latex! Ooohhhh I loved that butt shot when the corsette was coming off. So what's not to love about the movie!

One question for all of you guys who are going to watch though, where did Selene keep her spare mags !?!
And oh! Did I mention that I love Kate Beckinsale!

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Dude she's married to the director and has a kid!!!!

DAMN!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top