Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 10:03:49 AM EDT
IMDb
Official site
Wikipedia

Ok... I was a little confused on the Final Fantasy series. I thought they were somehow all related, and the movie Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was the exception, but I guess most of the series (games, films, etc) have little plot/story similaities and are rarely tied in to one another but share similar plot themes/elements.

Anyway, I thought Advent Children was another game, but I'm now realizing it's actually a full length movie. Looks pretty cool. So I'll be checking it out when it hits DVD.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#1]
bump for night crew
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I allready got it.

It is very awesome, especially for Final Fantasy 7 fans.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
When exactly is this coming out? My girlfriend is foaming at the mouth for Square to release the US version?

adair, do you have the Japanese version or a English dub?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
When exactly is this coming out? My girlfriend is foaming at the mouth for Square to release the US version?

Japanese version.

I speak Japanese, so its not really a problem for me
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Japanese version.

I speak Japanese, so its not really a problem for me

Touche' Salesman
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#6]
looks most rockin
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]
i've been waiting on this one too
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#8]
You can pick up the Japanese Version on Ebay cheap. Most have English Subtitles - mine does - and is DVD Quality.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:19:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Yup. It's been out for quite a while ... jap version with english subs. Fantastic 3D graphics. Story a little confusing for me because I am not a follower of the whole FF series. But enjoyed it just the same.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yup. It's been out for quite a while ... jap version with english subs. Fantastic 3D graphics. Story a little confusing for me because I am not a follower of the whole FF series. But enjoyed it just the same.

I was kind of getting the impression from reading around that you don't need to follow the FF series to understand it. They're not a continuing story the way I understood it. That was my biggest worry about seeing it. But from what I read about this storyline, it seems like it starts out right in the middle of something and you're supposed to kind of piece things together as you go... almost as if it picks up from another movie/game's story, but I don't think it actually does.

From what I've gathered all of the FF stories are kind of deep and have a lot of various plot devices you need to pick up on to really understand what's going on.

Even FF: Spirits Within was kinda confusing to a degree.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was kind of getting the impression from reading around that you don't need to follow the FF series to understand it. They're not a continuing story the way I understood it. That was my biggest worry about seeing it. But from what I read about this storyline, it seems like it starts out right in the middle of something and you're supposed to kind of piece things together as you go... almost as if it picks up from another movie/game's story, but I don't think it actually does.

From what I've gathered all of the FF stories are kind of deep and have a lot of various plot devices you need to pick up on to really understand what's going on.

Even FF: Spirits Within was kinda confusing to a degree.

There is a couple of scenes at the beginning that explain cloud and sepiroth, and what happened in Final Fantasy 7, for those who have never played.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top