Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 12:17:27 PM EDT
Michael Mann.. trailer looks great, love the linkin park/jay Z beat to it.. I cant stop watching the damn trailer!
What ya think?

Link
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Dunno,

Never got into MV, just not sure Foxx and Farrell are the best choices.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to see it. I'm not a fan of rap/hip-hop, but it still looks like it's going to be a good movie. I'm glad Mann has gone for the dark true crime feel of Heat and Collateral instead of the bright pastels and canned foley gunshots/ricochets of the TV show.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I was not impressed when I first saw the trailer.

But now that I see the magical name Michael Mann, I will go see it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a feeling that Mann is going to do this right.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dunno,

Probably won't see it.

Is it Colin Farrell or Will Farrell?  I despise both of them.

Come to think of it, I despise Jamie Foxx also.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#6]
You cant beat the real thing. Damn is hollywood out of ideas or what.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#7]
A good one to put the mind in neutral and enjoy the scenery.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A good one to put the mind in neutral and enjoy the scenery.

You won't have to. Michael Mann is one of the few directors who can do an action movie where you get to use your brain.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Foxx -2
Farrell -1

Mann +5

Looks like Mann trumps 2 crappy actors.  I guess I will have to eventaully see it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I am really looking forward to see Miami Vice. I am glad to see that Michael Mann made sure the movie is true to the show...unlike making it a comedy that makes fun of the 1980's.  

I am sure there will be a lot of cool guns...wonder if Crockett will use a Bren-Ten?

Also, I bet there will be 100 posts here asking "what was the gun Crockett had in Miami Vice"? happend for HEAT and Collateral
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Foxx -2
Farrell -1

Mann +5

Looks like Mann trumps 2 crappy actors.  I guess I will have to eventaully see it.

I don't know how you can think Fox is a crappy actor. Have you seen Any Given Sunday, Ray, or Collateral?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dunno,

Probably won't see it.

Is it Colin Farrell or Will Farrell?  I despise both of them.

Come to think of it, I despise Jamie Foxx also.

Colin
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have a feeling that Mann is going to do this right.

Yes i have confidence in him but why tie it inot a old TV show remake im guessing it could stand on its own

I guess he just wants to revisit his past
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#14]
it's my #1 summer movie pick so far.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am really looking forward to see Miami Vice. I am glad to see that Michael Mann made sure the movie is true to the show...unlike making it a comedy that makes fun of the 1980's.  

I am sure there will be a lot of cool guns...wonder if Crockett will use a Bren-Ten?

Also, I bet there will be 100 posts here asking "what was the gun Crockett had in Miami Vice"? happend for HEAT and Collateral

Supposedly a Sig 550 makes an appearance. There was a member here that had a direct involvement with the gun used.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top