BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 10:57:12 PM EDT
Damn, what a depressing movie
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Damn, what a depressing movie

At least you didn't post the spoilers about the ending like the last person who started a thread on it did.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
possible spoilers
Did you see it as pro-assisted suicide? I remember when it was in the news there were a lot of people all worked up about a movie that showed suicide in a good light. I didn't think it was "pro" anything at all. It was just a story about a couple of people in a super fucked up situation.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]
damn that was a sad movie.....i almost cried
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#5]

I liked it very, very much.  Hillary Swank was a terrific actress playing a terrific character.  Plus she is hot.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had it since it came out on DVD, still haven't watched it.  It's finally on my list though.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I watched it this weekend on HBO, and it is an okay movie. Kind of slow paced in many parts, but the second half or so is just plain sad. A athelete that might have been a champion, a cheating opponent, an aged coach that couldn't move fast enough, and a big helping of "shit happens" make for one unhappy ending.

Personally, I prefer Pale Rider. At least we saw some serious ass kicking!

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Even female professional boxing has rules, so the whole plot of the bs flick is bogus and based on the flawed concept that someone with a worse attitude than Mike Tyson could be a champion of the sport.

Only sheeple could enjoy such a Hollywood farce, IMO as intelligent folks recognize flawed plot lines far to easily.

Mike

E.T.A - I'd pick "Walk of the Penguins" any day of the week over that crap Hollywood passed off as entertainment......
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#10]
It was a great human interest movie...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
damn that was a sad movie.....i almost cried

Almost???  Are ya sure a tear or two didn't rolll down the cheek?  Even if you didn't just say ya did so I dont feel so bad about the few that I wiped away.  I was sooooooooooo pissed at the end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top