Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 12:49:55 PM EDT
How many times can you re-record a DVD disk? Until the picture quality goes down, the disk explodes or catches on fire how many times can you record on it...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]
If its a DVD-R, then you can't recorde multiple times.  The only way is by using a DVD-RW or DVD+RW.  Thats really debatable.  Its kinda like CD-RWs now.  They are kinda meaningless since blank CDs and DVDs are so inexpensive now, that imo there is no need for ReWriteables.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been using 3 RW's to record TV shows for the last 8 months.  No change in quality yet and I fill them up and erase them all at least once a week.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Right, I meant -RW. I'm usually not home at weekday nights so I use the VHS to record stuff for the week and watch on the weekend...not to keep, just to watch once.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I got 100 DVD+RW Ridata from NewEgg a while back for $30 2 of them I have rewritten once or twice a week for 25+ weeks they still work fine.

You likely won't see much picture degradation they will work until they don’t anymore.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The tec spec manuals for Sony DVD-RWs say 1100 times so I suppose most of the brand DVDs would be somewhat near that number.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow +1K that's better than a VHS tape!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top